phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Depending on the kernel and phone. But mine is just as stable as stock
And I've been overclocked for the last few months all above 1ghz

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
same here. I ran at 1ghz or a month or so. i just recently dropped to 800 for battery. i'm using the phone heavily and wanted to squeeze a few more minutes out of the battery but i don't think i could goto 550 so 800 will do! ^_^

I used cyanogenmod and droidmod for 1ghz. cyanogen runs much cooler for me!

AsianBob

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
1 GHz for the past couple of weeks and stable. It does get warmer when running things like the internet, games, and the such, but that's kind of expected.

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Chevy's 5-slot 1.25ghz @ 1.25ghz and it's perfectly stable for me. I've been using it for over a month (minus a few days when I tried Adamz MV 1.1ghz)

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
I've been at 1GHz for about a week now running Ultimate Droid 7.8 w/ setCPU, and it's been absolutely perfect. A whole different beast now. I havn't even noticed my phone getting any warmer than it did stock. with average usage, the temp hasn't gone above 90 yet, and that was with Pandora playing while using the nav in the car dock. I havn't noticed a significant drop in battery life either, but i have the phone drop 250MHz on sleep/standby. Also I have it set to 550MHz on charging so it doesn't get hot while charging either. I've had no FC's or random reboots either.

pepsi149

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
ultimate droid...8.6.3

all i can say is chevys 1.2 7slot....ultimate droid 8.6.3.....freakin awsome....ran stock ultimate7.8 for last week....went to v8...and total upgraded to 8.6.3....like going from a honda...to a porshe....stable...and fast as hell...go get it....and enjoy the power...also no heat issues as of yet ...will update as i find out..:D

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I find that chevy's kernels usually are more stable and run a couple degrees F cooler than AdamZ's for whatever reason.

Also, my phone runs warmer off of Ultimate Droid than it does off Cyanogenmod. Then again, I also find UD slightly snappier, in regards to performance.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been at 1GHz for about a week now running Ultimate Droid 7.8 w/ setCPU, and it's been absolutely perfect. A whole different beast now. I havn't even noticed my phone getting any warmer than it did stock. with average usage, the temp hasn't gone above 90 yet, and that was with Pandora playing while using the nav in the car dock. I havn't noticed a significant drop in battery life either, but i have the phone drop 250MHz on sleep/standby. Also I have it set to 550MHz on charging so it doesn't get hot while charging either. I've had no FC's or random reboots either.

Anyone flashing to UD should make sure to do this - I hear UD sometimes ramps up the processing (and therefore heat) when docked, so make sure your profiles are set to 550/600 during charging.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Does anyone here have a [sort of] painfully hot Droid running at 1Ghz?
Any recommendations on what to set my failsafe/preferences?

Currently have it at 41 degrees (C)

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I'm using the one that comes with Koush's ROM.

Got this from the about phone section:
2.6.29-omap1-bekitbekriebel@ubuntu#1

What Kernel should I use?
I remember that with Pete's and some other ROM's it never used to get this hot, or at least I dont remember it getting this damn hot. Hurts to the touch sometimes.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the one that comes with Koush's ROM.

Got this from the about phone section:
2.6.29-omap1-bekitbekriebel@ubuntu#1

What Kernel should I use?
I remember that with Pete's and some other ROM's it never used to get this hot, or at least I dont remember it getting this damn hot. Hurts to the touch sometimes.

Try a 1 GHz Chevy kernel. I usually have good temperature results with those.

Keep in mind, I am not sure what kernel is included in Koush's stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty