Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the Droid Stable at 1Ghz?

Anyone run the Droid at 1GHZ for at least a week can confirm that it's stable at that speed?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Depending on the kernel and phone. But mine is just as stable as stock
    And I've been overclocked for the last few months all above 1ghz
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

same here. I ran at 1ghz or a month or so. i just recently dropped to 800 for battery. i'm using the phone heavily and wanted to squeeze a few more minutes out of the battery but i don't think i could goto 550 so 800 will do! ^_^

I used cyanogenmod and droidmod for 1ghz. cyanogen runs much cooler for me!

I have been running mine for about a week now at 1ghz.... So far so good for me.

Perfectly stable for me

1 GHz for the past couple of weeks and stable. It does get warmer when running things like the internet, games, and the such, but that's kind of expected.

I'm using Chevy's 5-slot 1.25ghz @ 1.25ghz and it's perfectly stable for me. I've been using it for over a month (minus a few days when I tried Adamz MV 1.1ghz)

I've been at 1GHz for about a week now running Ultimate Droid 7.8 w/ setCPU, and it's been absolutely perfect. A whole different beast now. I havn't even noticed my phone getting any warmer than it did stock. with average usage, the temp hasn't gone above 90 yet, and that was with Pandora playing while using the nav in the car dock. I havn't noticed a significant drop in battery life either, but i have the phone drop 250MHz on sleep/standby. Also I have it set to 550MHz on charging so it doesn't get hot while charging either. I've had no FC's or random reboots either.

Talking ultimate droid...8.6.3

all i can say is chevys 1.2 7slot....ultimate droid 8.6.3.....freakin awsome....ran stock ultimate7.8 for last week....went to v8...and total upgraded to 8.6.3....like going from a honda...to a porshe....stable...and fast as hell...go get it....and enjoy the power...also no heat issues as of yet ...will update as i find out..

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

I find that chevy's kernels usually are more stable and run a couple degrees F cooler than AdamZ's for whatever reason.

Also, my phone runs warmer off of Ultimate Droid than it does off Cyanogenmod. Then again, I also find UD slightly snappier, in regards to performance.

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GivenToFly View Post
    I've been at 1GHz for about a week now running Ultimate Droid 7.8 w/ setCPU, and it's been absolutely perfect. A whole different beast now. I havn't even noticed my phone getting any warmer than it did stock. with average usage, the temp hasn't gone above 90 yet, and that was with Pandora playing while using the nav in the car dock. I havn't noticed a significant drop in battery life either, but i have the phone drop 250MHz on sleep/standby. Also I have it set to 550MHz on charging so it doesn't get hot while charging either. I've had no FC's or random reboots either.
    Anyone flashing to UD should make sure to do this - I hear UD sometimes ramps up the processing (and therefore heat) when docked, so make sure your profiles are set to 550/600 during charging.
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

Does anyone here have a [sort of] painfully hot Droid running at 1Ghz?
    Any recommendations on what to set my failsafe/preferences?

Currently have it at 41 degrees (C)
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

That's fine 41 but what kernel are you running you may want to switch
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

I'm using the one that comes with Koush's ROM.

Got this from the about phone section:
    2.6.29-omap1-bekitbekriebel@ubuntu#1

What Kernel should I use?
    I remember that with Pete's and some other ROMs it never used to get this hot, or at least I dont remember it getting this damn hot. Hurts to the touch sometimes.

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeOlivera View Post
    I'm using the one that comes with Koush's ROM.

Got this from the about phone section:
    2.6.29-omap1-bekitbekriebel@ubuntu#1

What Kernel should I use?
    I remember that with Pete's and some other ROMs it never used to get this hot, or at least I dont remember it getting this damn hot. Hurts to the touch sometimes.
    Try a 1 GHz Chevy kernel. I usually have good temperature results with those.

Keep in mind, I am not sure what kernel is included in Koush's stuff.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Never had I temps with that kernel but try the other one out their see of it helps
    This one. New Kernels Page ***600 To 1250 Mhz*** - CyanogenMod Forum
    Last edited by thebizz; 03-29-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

That kernel worked. A lot colder n smoother now. Thanks.