How do you reset/reboot the DROID TURBO 2?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Holding down the power button only seems to give one option: power off. Most other phones while holding the power button will also give you a reset option. Thoughts?

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do you reset?

Holding down the power button only seems to give one option: power off. Most other phones while holding the power button will also give you a reset option. Thoughts?

I've had Motorola's for the last 4 years and I think it will just give you a power off and airplane mode option. I don't remember ever seeing a reset option.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I think those options were removed after Lollipop. You can check what happens if you long press on the Power Off window. It should give you unless an option to boot in safe mode. What kind of reset are you trying to find, factory reset?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Just a soft reset. First moto device Samsung Galaxy s4 prior gave reset, off, airplane mode as options if you pressed and held the power button.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

There's a way to reset if your phone is unresponsive holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Moto phones over the last few years have never had a restart. Just power off. (I believe that's just the stock android behavior.)

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

This is the way AOSP is so it's the way Motorola does it.

LeglessPooch

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Holding the power button for 10-15 seconds until it turns off and then back on isn't even a real restart/reboot in the traditional sense like a laptop or desktop. The apps I had open before "restarting" the phone this way doesn't even close those apps out or do what a restart is supposed to do. I treat my phone like a computer bc it is one and it does need to be restarted every couple days to clear out memory, cache etc. just like my desk/lap top when I restart those or even the Samsung or HTC phones. It doesn't seem to be an option on the Turbo 2. I would like to see this option available on the next update though.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Holding the power button most surely is a real reboot. It is a simulation of pulling the battery, putting it back in, and pressing power to restart the phone. Motorola added this feature with their first droid phones that had built in batteries - the Droid Razr.

Google doesn't allow a reboot in stock android because they don't want to expose that functionality to a non-root process. Motorola will use what stock android uses. I suppose it's possible that Google will change their mind with android N but I'm not sure I'd count on it. It's really not that difficult to shut down and restart the phone, is it?

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Holding the power button for 10-15 seconds until it turns off and then back on isn't even a real restart/reboot in the traditional sense like a laptop or desktop. The apps I had open before "restarting" the phone this way doesn't even close those apps out or do what a restart is supposed to do. I treat my phone like a computer bc it is one and it does need to be restarted every couple days to clear out memory, cache etc. just like my desk/lap top when I restart those or even the Samsung or HTC phones. It doesn't seem to be an option on the Turbo 2. I would like to see this option available on the next update though.

The way the reset is handled on the DT2, the long power button hold disconnects the battery via the safety circuit, and then reconnects it, just like a hard reset. There is no distinction between soft and hard resets on the DT2.

E-normu-S

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
This works...
My Droid Turbo 2 locks up daily. holding the power button down doesn't cut it. I had to hold down Power and Volume buttons (both of them) for about 5 seconds to get a hard reboot of the phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This works...
My Droid Turbo 2 locks up daily. holding the power button down doesn't cut it. I had to hold down Power and Volume buttons (both of them) for about 5 seconds to get a hard reboot of the phone.

Holding the power button for 10 to 20 seconds - again - is hard set into the phone to simulate a disconnect and reconnect of the battery. It will power the phone back on.

See https://motorola-global-portal.cust...er_detail/a_id/108288/p/30,6720,9583/kw/reset

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa