How can I fix a voice issue on my Droid Turbo 2?

rgard

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Voice issue Droid Turbo 2

Just got the Droid Turbo 2 and actually am on my second one. I have an issue that I have talked to Verizon about with no resolution. When I make phone calls there are random times when the person on the other end can't hear me. I can hear them fine but it just cuts out their ability to hear me. It happens several times a day and even with 4 bars of signal. I have switch to hd calling and tried multiple solutions.

Have searched all over and haven't found anything. It is happening on the second phone so wondering if it has something to do with me and how i am holding the phone. Could it be microphone location or something to do with noise cancelling?

thanks.

Hi,

I have the same issue and tried the HD thing also with no resolution. It's rendering my phone useless and debating on switching brands.

Joey0976

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site

Worst Experience I have had with Verizon is when buying this phone. just got it and it's my second one and they are both having the same issues with phone calls. I hear a buzzing sound in my ear and nobody can hear me. calls cut in and out sometimes they get dropped it is an absolute nightmare when making a phone call I don't know what I'm going to do with it other than attempt to toss it out the window but the shatterproof screen will protect it. what use is a shatterproof screen if I can't place any phone calls. Also it's supposed to be an 8-core processor but it's so slow, my Droid DNA was a hell of a lot faster and it was only a 4 core processor. my rant is over, just hope Verizon and Motorola get their act together and fix this crap because I am still paying every month for a service through Verizon and I cannot even make a phone call without getting disconnected or that stupid annoying buzzing sound in my ear

Sergio Torres2

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Have you noticed if you are experiencing this issue when you hold the phone with your shoulder. As when your hands are occupied and you hold it against your head with you shoulder..

I have have experienced this same issue , that the person I am talking to can't hear me like I am covering the microphone..

Well I realized that the microphone is actually at the top of the phone and the speaker is at the bottom near the USB port.
I don't know if this is a design flaw or why they would place the microphone and speaker in the opposite location of where it would make sense to have it. So in a sense it's as if we are holding the phone upside down when we talk...
I fixed the issue by not pressing the phone up against my ear when I am talking with someone..

Hope this helps..

I am fairly upset - this is the exact same issue that I've been having and my local Verizon store has been treating me like I'm a nutter, money grubbing bia who's just trying to cheat them into fresh, new devices.

I bought my Turbo 2 back around Christmas and have since had the device replaced 3 times. When in a call, suddenly it will cut out for the other person, as if the phone was submerged in water or even worse, as if I had trailed off into the distance and then it just went quiet. I have disabled the HD nonsense on all fronts, a feature which I effing PAID for with the purchase of this phone, I have done factory resets, no apps, all of my apps, you name it. No case, new case, different ways of holding it, shaking it, turning speaker phone on, turning it off - it keeps happening and I'm stressed.

Marshmallow just released, so what gives? I am paying full price for this phone. I deserve it to work.

Sergio Torres2

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site

Have you noticed if you are experiencing this issue when you hold the phone with your shoulder. As when your hands are occupied and you hold it against your head with you shoulder..

I have have experienced this same issue , that the person I am talking to can't hear me like I am covering the microphone..

Well I realized that the microphone is actually at the top of the phone and the speaker is at the bottom near the USB port.
I don't know if this is a design flaw or why they would place the microphone and speaker in the opposite location of where it would make sense to have it. So in a sense it's as if we are holding the phone upside down when we talk...
I fixed the issue by not pressing the phone up against my ear when I am talking with someone..

Hope this helps..

headfield2

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Just got the Droid Turbo 2 and actually am on my second one. I have an issue that I have talked to Verizon about with no resolution. When I make phone calls there are random times when the person on the other end can't hear me. I can hear them fine but it just cuts out their ability to hear me. It happens several times a day and even with 4 bars of signal. I have switch to hd calling and tried multiple solutions.

Have searched all over and haven't found anything. It is happening on the second phone so wondering if it has something to do with me and how i am holding the phone. Could it be microphone location or something to do with noise cancelling?

thanks.

headfield2

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Okay, I've had the same issue with my Droid Turbo 2 as well. And now I've been reading all the blogs on the internet, this site. I'm not sure what the issue is. Those other people still having the issue as I am. It has to be something with the software. I've done some testing. Called my phone via through Skype on my laptop and I can hear just fine on the laptop. Then I'll take a landline phone and call my phone. And the mic is broken up, at times it will be clear and other times it will be broken up. Hi there has to be a software issue or it has to be a setting on the phone. But, however when I first got the phone there was no problems. So, I'm scratching my head and trying to figure out what it is. If there's anybody out there that knows the solution Kama let me know.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I've had the same issue with my Droid Turbo 2 as well. And now I've been reading all the blogs on the internet, this site. I'm not sure what the issue is. Those other people still having the issue as I am. It has to be something with the software. I've done some testing. Called my phone via through Skype on my laptop and I can hear just fine on the laptop. Then I'll take a landline phone and call my phone. And the mic is broken up, at times it will be clear and other times it will be broken up. Hi there has to be a software issue or it has to be a setting on the phone. But, however when I first got the phone there was no problems. So, I'm scratching my head and trying to figure out what it is. If there's anybody out there that knows the solution Kama let me know.

Do you have advanced calling/VoLTE turned on? Does it work better when you turn that off?

headfield2

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I've done it with both Advanced calling off and on. I've done a hard reset, safe mode, factory reset. It just seems odd that if everybody is having the same problems with the same phone. And I've already contacted Motorola about it and they're going to send a envelope so I can send the phone in for repair. I also on the Droid turbo 1. And I had no issues

bacchus71

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Did you try disabling ambient noise cancellation , under phone, settings, calls, disable ambient noise cancellation. It corrected my issue. Just afraid sending it in wont resolve your issue.

BMGRAHAM

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This issue actually seems very similar to the issues I was having at the same time as you that Verizon admitted to me were most likely service related not phone related. They went away and came back recently. It may just be bad timing and unfortunate for Moto that it happened around the time people were getting their Droid Turbo 2s, especially as it's happening for me on a different phone.

kitty3974

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I actually have the same issue. My household purchase these phones at Christmas time. So we have 4 of them all of us are having the same problem. Verizon troubleshooted mine first send me a new one and still having the problem. I can even have my phone on Bluetooth with it sitting down in front of me And same problem. I personally feel that there antenna or transmitter or whatever it is that picks up the signal is junk. This mNy people cannot have that many issues. Verizon keeps trying to say it's the area I'm in but I am a creature of habit same areas as before with my Samsung Galaxy. Droid is just junk.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue, but I certainly wouldn't call Moto junk. I have completely turned off advanced calling and other ideas in this thread and I am not having the problem anymore. Random drops also plagued me, and recently I sat on a 2 hour conference call with no issues at all.

I've never been a fan of voip in any form and to my understanding that is just what the volte system is with advanced calling.

I think the biggest shortfall of almost all new phones coming out is the absence of a second radio for calls and internet consecutively.

I miss my og Moto X :(

Posted via the Android Central App

Larry Freda

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

Okay the saga continues. I am onto my 3rd turbo 2 and still have similar issues. Outbound voice gets muffled and even drops randomly. I have worked with Verizon and Motorola with all saying they don't have any documented issues and don't know what to tell me. I have done two factory resets and on the last have not installed any 3rd party apps, so running a stock phone. I have made one call that I believe it is still having the same issues but will test further tonight. It doesn't seem to be reserved to a area to network issues seems to be ruled out.

I really hate to give up the phone as the other features are great but not sure I can deal with a phone that I can't make consistent phone calls.

Dump it!!! I am on my second phone, and have the exact same issues, with no other solution except for them sending me another one. It has something to do with the Mic,,,,u can turn off advanced calling features and you will be able to use you phone. As soon as you turn that feature on,,,poof,,, the worst phone ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress