After 22 hours battery is at 34% left
Phone 51:56...18%
Screen on time 2:23:14...35%
Phone Radio 22:29:50...33%
Wifi active 22:34:10...3%
Held awake 5:58:27...3%
Bluetooth...1%
Apps...6%

My phone radio seems to be killing me it's always searching. it is set on LTE/CDMA
I have seem many people get a ton more screen on time....I HAVE NMY BRIGHTNESS AT AROUND 20% and I have adaptive brightness off

I have cleared my cache thru the reboot screen...should my next step be a factory data reset? If I do that will I lose marshmallow ?? I am new to all of this so any help is appreciated!

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You won't lose MM doing an FDR, but if everything else is working well I'd hold off. Have you checked the Always Scanning option in Settings/Location/3 dots/Scanning? Since the MM update, there is both WiFi and Bluetooth scanning which may be enabled. Most do not have this always on. But if on, it does drain the battery.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, I got 12 hours TOTAL BATTERY LIFE only 2.5 hrs screen on time. This after factory data reset, can't take it anymore

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I sold my Droid Turbo 2 and went back to the original Turbo. Holy cow is the difference in battery life noticeable. DT1 does much better in that department. Obviously the DT2 has other advantages, but just speaking to battery life here.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, I got 12 hours TOTAL BATTERY LIFE only 2.5 hrs screen on time. This after factory data reset, can't take it anymore

After every update we get, that's how it goes. I know I'm the one who bought this phone knowing good and well from the other Droids I had that that's how it goes. It's my fault, I understand that. We certainly all feel your pain. But why do these phones always receive an update after they come out? My one Droid went to Gingerbread, then another one to Ice Cream Sandwich, then whichever one had Jellybean to Kit Kat, etc. They never come with the latest version. Then we all complain of the garbage problem issues no one can stand nor should have to for that matter.

I guess my point is, who is in charge and why can't it work appropriately for us, the consumer, paying hard earned cash for something that constantly upsets us?

This vicious cycle of wanting the latest and greatest, then complaining about issues after waiting too long for the update, then threatening to not buy this line of phone anymore gets old.

Guess I'm a statistic now complaining and venting. This is my last Droid. Yay Motorola/Lenovo/Verizon! Ugh....

Posted via the Android Central App

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My phone yesterday was on for 17 hours with 6 hours 10 mins of screen on time which lasts me over a day which is brilliant for me. Love it.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been averaging 5.5 hours with 20% remaining since the update. That's better than it was on lollipop.

bdrakr

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone still having issues with the battery?
I'm debating what to do. brand new phone. I like it. But was expecting more with battery. Should I get a replacement, or just stick it out.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I finally caved and did a full reset two weeks ago. No difference in battery life, still only getting 3.5-4 hours with the adaptive screen brightness, voice activation, hand motions, and everything else on. I really want to experiment turning some of this stuff off.

Andrea Egyud

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
IronCat21,

I got better battery life after the Marshmallow update, although I have started seeing other tricky little issues. However, I did not leave my phone on adaptive brightness. That was eating it like mad. As much of a pain as it is, I turn my brightness up and down as needed manually. I think the phone has itself turned up brighter than it needs much of the time. You might want to try that. Doesn't seem to bother my eyes that much, and I'm on a computer all day long. Good luck.

A

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Get Greenify and kill some of those background apps that are running. Then turn on the aggressive doze option. Your battery life will significantly improve.

bdrakr

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I have tried all the things listed in forums acts to internet to fix this.
I get a max of maybe 5 hours SOT until the battery hits 0 and does not boot.
I've got greenify installed, have done factory data resets more than once, wiped cache, I must can't seem to get long screen on time. I would open a replacement file and try to get a new one but from what I've read it wouldn't change the matter, which is what it is I guess.

My original moto x had the best battery life! still have him as a backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty