Randomly losing all service after update

someone11

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I got the 24.31.2 2 update on the 3rd and now the phone seems to randomly lose all service many times throughout the day. By all service I mean voice and 4G, total loss of everything. Takes about 30 seconds and its all back to normal. Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't noticed it dropping calls but it will lose 4G while using it. Doesn't lose wifi and still happens with wifi disabled. Pretty annoying as ive had texts fail to send from this and it's a pain trying to search anything on the web on 4G. Any help appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I got the 24.31.2 2 update on the 3rd and now the phone seems to randomly lose all service many times throughout the day. By all service I mean voice and 4G, total loss of everything. Takes about 30 seconds and its all back to normal. Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't noticed it dropping calls but it will lose 4G while using it. Doesn't lose wifi and still happens with wifi disabled. Pretty annoying as ive had texts fail to send from this and it's a pain trying to search anything on the web on 4G. Any help appreciated.
Have you tried clearing the cache partition to see if that fixes the problem? Follow the instructions provided here: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/108278/p/30,6720,9583

someone11

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
It just happened again but it only flashed on and off this time, was only out of service for a second. And no I didn't go to a bad service location, been in the same location all night.

Edit: I retract what i said, just happened again. This time for the usual length (10 seconds or so).

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Go to a Verizon store, tell them you are having this problem and would like to see if a new SIM card will fix this. I suspect it may be a bad SIM card.