Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo I can EDGE from a contract?

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: I can EDGE from a contract?

I am out of contract and I get a $25 discount off of the regular $40 line price. Interestingly, I had to ask for the discount last month, VZW did not automatically apply it.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

You still get the discount if your line is considered month to month and you are on a More Everything plan. It is not automatic though, you have to apply for the discount either online in the features section for the line or by calling Verizon.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Just chatted with a rep.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-29-12-45-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-29-12-45-07.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 52

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

I am in the same situation, I am not sure about the Note 4, Nexus 6 or the Droid Turbo. Half of me, wants to buy the Droid Turbo d run with it for 2 weeks to see if I want to keep it and pay the restocking fee. The other half wants me to go with the Note 4. The UI on the Moto X was not all that impressive. I am running Nova Launcher on the Note 3 so, when put the Nova on the Moto X, I really did not see that much of a difference.

I had my plan all set...once the newest Nexus phone was launched this year, I was going to finally say "good bye" to Verizon and grab a Nexus on T-Mobile. Sure, I'd have to sacrifice coverage, but T-Mo works pretty well where I live and work, and I'd be able to cut a considerable amount off of my bill and say good bye to all the Big Red BS forever!!!

Then...Google didn't release a new 5" Nexus *phone* this year, just the HUGE 6" Nexus 6. As awesome as it looks, I really just do NOT want to carry something that large around with me all day long.

Then... Verizon comes out with this beauty, and suddenly I'm trying to figure out how I can get one ASAP...since it's pretty much everything I was hoping to find in a new 5" Nexus phone.

Ugh! Verizon...just when you think you're out...they pull you back in.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I had my plan all set...once the newest Nexus phone was launched this year, I was going to finally say "good bye" to Verizon and grab a Nexus on T-Mobile. Sure, I'd have to sacrifice coverage, but T-Mo works pretty well where I live and work, and I'd be able to cut a considerable amount off of my bill and say good bye to all the Big Red BS forever!!!

Then...Google didn't release a new 5" Nexus *phone* this year, just the HUGE 6" Nexus 6. As awesome as it looks, I really just do NOT want to carry something that large around with me all day long.

Then... Verizon comes out with this beauty, and suddenly I'm trying to figure out how I can get one ASAP...since it's pretty much everything I was hoping to find in a new 5" Nexus phone.

Ugh! Verizon...just when you think you're out...they pull you back in.

I have been with Big Red for over 10 years. My bill is outrageous. I was thinking of joining Sprint but now I am not sure. My Note 3 is nice but I noticed it tends to bring out my arthritis or its just fatigue from stretching my hands. I am not sure if I want a big phone like the Nexus 6 especially since its even bigger than the Note 3. The Moto X, I felt was the perfect size.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

I'm gonna call about this tomorrow but if I'm in the middle of my edge plan now and pay off the remaining balance of my current phone, you think I can then edge the turbo? I'm assuming so bc as long as the phone is paid off 75% of the balance, you can edge up anyway later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are in the middle of your EDGE plan, you should be at least be on the 60% requirement. The increase to 75% was just a few weeks ago. The requirements for existing plans did not change.