capacitive buttons

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is not complaining about them. I really don't care if they are on screen or not. I have a droid Maxx and I was wondering if they work. When I first got the Maxx they had a lot of problems with the multi tasking button. It always required at least 2 presses. Is that the case with he turbo or are they nice and sensitive?

Posted via Android Central App

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Very sensitive and responsive. I love these cap buttons!

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Do you think you will still love them when Lollipop is released and the icons change? That is the one hesitation I have with the Turbo that is making me lean toward the Moto X. But man, that battery is so enticing.

Also, I may be the only guy on here that prefers the red to the balistic nylon.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you think you will still love them when Lollipop is released and the icons change? That is the one hesitation I have with the Turbo that is making me lean toward the Moto X. But man, that battery is so enticing.

Also, I may be the only guy on here that prefers the red to the balistic nylon.

can you really miss something you never had? I mean the buttons change but you won't notice since it will have the capacative buttons and those will remain. It's not like those buttons will get any worse for you.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
can you really miss something you never had? I mean the buttons change but you won't notice since it will have the capacative buttons and those will remain. It's not like those buttons will get any worse for you.

That's a very valid point. I just really happen to like the look of the new buttons on Lollipop. My last two phones Moto X (2013) and the GNex had on screen buttons and I've grown to really like them. I'm sure that these capacitive buttons are way better than what I had on the Droid Incredible!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
That's a very valid point. I just really happen to like the look of the new buttons on Lollipop. My last two phones Moto X (2013) and the GNex had on screen buttons and I've grown to really like them. I'm sure that these capacitive buttons are way better than what I had on the Droid Incredible!

1000x better for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My only complaint is that I'm coming from a Samsung GS3 and the capacitive buttons were Menu, Home, Back (from left to right). Now I have to get used to Back, Home, Task List on the Droid. I'll get used to it though. They are perfectly responsive, and I do not see the impact of the arrival of Lollipop onscreen buttons myself.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I would never go back to on screen buttons again, no matter how cool they look. I much prefer cap buttons. This is coming from a phone that had on screen buttons (Droid RAZR M)

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint is that I'm coming from a Samsung GS3 and the capacitive buttons were Menu, Home, Back (from left to right). Now I have to get used to Back, Home, Task List on the Droid. I'll get used to it though. They are perfectly responsive, and I do not see the impact of the arrival of Lollipop onscreen buttons myself.

There's no real impact, just that in 5.0 they redesigned the buttons and I happen to think they're pretty great. Better than a gigantic battery and not having to worry about charging my phone? That remains to be seen.

Screenshot_2014-10-17-22-10-53.jpg

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
There's no real impact, just that in 5.0 they redesigned the buttons and I happen to think they're pretty great. Better than a gigantic battery and not having to worry about charging my phone? That remains to be seen.

View attachment 144725
I was only complaining that I will have to get used to the change in button order and function coming from the Samsung GS3. I would have to do so regardless of on screen buttons or capacitive (the Droid order and function match the above screen cap of the on screen buttons exactly). If that makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress