Turbo vs 2014 Moto X camera side by sides

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Warning - I'm no pro photographer. All I did was hold the phones next to each other and snapped 4 pictures inside with the lights off (lots of windows letting the sun in though).

I used paint.net to crop parts of them and stick them side-by-side, and resized the results so they wouldn't be huge files.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Warning - I'm no pro photographer. All I did was hold the phones next to each other and snapped 4 pictures inside with the lights off (lots of windows letting the sun in though).

I used paint.net to crop parts of them and stick them side-by-side, and resized the results so they wouldn't be huge files.View attachment 144728View attachment 144729View attachment 144730View attachment 144731

Very Nice. I like the last picture of the keyboard, it shows the Turbo can take a decent low light picture.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Pretty dog in the top pic.

In that top pic, the X looks like it took a brighter picture. But on the keyboard it's the opposite.

Either way, I could live with both.

Posted via the Android Central App

motofanforever

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
The Moto X is good enough. The recent update to the Motorola Camera app has improved the pictures a lot. And if it is giving competition to a 21MP shooter, that's good enough for me

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Poor lighting will almost always lead to poor photo quality. It really seems like only the M8 has a decent low light camera.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I like having a good camera, my mom is a professional photographer and she says the megapixel count isn't the only thing that matters. Software has a lot to do it..

Bottom line is the photos have improved greatly, but its still a phone camera.. My turbo takes god pics, my note 3 took good pics, but they are not going to be close to the quality of a good camera..

My two cents..

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I like having a good camera, my mom is a professional photographer and she says the megapixel count isn't the only thing that matters. Software has a lot to do it..

Bottom line is the photos have improved greatly, but its still a phone camera.. My turbo takes god pics, my note 3 took good pics, but they are not going to be close to the quality of a good camera..

My two cents..

So true. As much as i hate to admit this, iPhone might be the closest thing to a real camera. But that is about all they have going for that overpriced hunk of (bendable plastic) junk.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo