Does your screen have uniform color?

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I notice a tiny, almost imperceptible shift to a slightly more yellowish white at the bottom of the screen. Gradually from the top, maybe the bottom %15 being yellowish.

Its very minor and there is no way I can post a pic of it unfortunately.

Anyone else have this?

Posted from my Droid Turbo via the AC App

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot of screen color test in Intutu video test app. With all sample colors the screen appeared uniform. However I have old eyes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 236.jpg
    236.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 50

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I notice a tiny, almost imperceptible shift to a slightly more yellowish white at the bottom of the screen. Gradually from the top, maybe the bottom %15 being yellowish.

Anyone else have this?

Check it at all angles, make sure its not the coating on the screen. Mine looked a bit strange too until I looked at it from all angles.

However, mine did have an actual defect where I had a slight purple tint above the keys that went up maybe a quarter inch. Swapped it out for another and the new one does not have a tint on it.

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else have this?

One thousand times yes!!!! I spent 2 hrs in store trying to get the manager to see the subtle variance in color reproduction on part of my screen. It is hard to see but clear on certain apps--it seems like a shift in color temperature.

They finally replaced mine when I argued hard enough but it was an unpleasant experience they tried to make me pay restock fee because the managers eyes weren't as sensitive as mine.

I got a replacement, and although way better than the last model, looking at my droid next to my girlfriends IP6, I can still tell that the turbo display is not completely uniform in color temp from left to right.

There is something not cool with the new turbo super amoled displays--this is not the premium screen we were promised. Seriously considering switching devices now to note 4. Ugh.

If you want to test yours I found the "viewing angle test" graphic from the app called "display tester" to be much better for seeing the subtle differences than the antutu video test app.

Word of warning--once you see it, you can never unsee it, so don't look for it with this test unless you are ready to be disappointed with your turbo.

Last edited:

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh, dang it. Now that you pointed this out, I can see the difference at the bottom of the screen. I also notice when I look at a picture that has all black or mostly black, the bottom 20% of the screen is slightly lighter than the rest. Almost as if the back light is coming from the bottom of the screen and fades as it moves up. Almost as if if you there is light leaking from the capacitive buttons area onto the bottom 20% of the screen.

Now, it is a very subtle difference and it tends to fade gradually. So it's probably something I will get used to. But it is there.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Another little weird thing I noticed. Turn your screen off and look at the lowermost left and right corners of your phone. It will be below and to the left or right of the capacitive buttons. You will see these little red lights poking through the crack of the phone where the edge of the phone meets the glass. These little red lights turn off as soon as the active display comes on. And then when the active display stops breathing the little red lights come back on.

"Droid Fangs"?

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Another little weird thing I noticed. Turn your screen off and look at the lowermost left and right corners of your phone. It will be below and to the left or right of the capacitive buttons. You will see these little red lights poking through the crack of the phone where the edge of the phone meets the glass. These little red lights turn off as soon as the active display comes on. And then when the active display stops breathing the little red lights come back on.

I noticed these last night in the dark! I think they're sensors for proximity and motion. There is one in each lower corner, one in the top right, and like you said, at some point I saw red lights also in the little openings below the capacitive buttons, one on each side, but now that I try to replicate it it seems like the red lights at the far corners are the only ones glowing ever. I don't see the winky red lights through the holes anymore. I'd love an explanation of their respective purposes if anyone knows!

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

"Droid Fangs"?

Those red lights are space/time worm holes for the imminent alien invasion. The more Droid Turbos they sell the closer we are to invasion!

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

"Droid Fangs"?

It's not a weird thing, they are IR sensors. They detect when you wave you hand over the screen. This lets you dismiss a phone call or bring up the active display when is not showing (that's why when the display is showing the lights go off ) by waving your hand so you didn't have to touch the phone. The moto x has the same sensors. It's pretty cool, at least i think it is.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone