Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Possible to change notification/ringer volumes at same time?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
This might be more of an Android question, but just received my Turbo and am looking for a way to adjust the volume of notifications and the ringer all at once. It just doesn't make sense to me that I would turn down the ringer to soft but the notifications would still stay on their loudest if that's how they are set. If I need the ringer quiter, say, 2 on a scale of 1-10, why wouldn't I want the notifications to also be a 2? Is there an app that can adjust the volume of all sounds at once? I've searched and other than rooting, there doesn't seem to be a way. Is that a major shortcoming of Android in general?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Possible to change notification/ringer volumes at same time?

Unfortunately no, I've heard there are apps that will do this though

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Good God, No! It is a FEATURE that went away under ICS, and Moto brought it back on their phones. I agree you should have a simple way to CHOOSE to link or de-link them as suits your preference, but I would use them unlinked to "sleep" notifications while leaving the ringer all the way up at night. That way I could get emergency calls and not be bothered by overnight emails.

Posted from my XT1080M

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Good God, No! It is a FEATURE that went away under ICS, and Moto brought it back on their phones. I agree you should have a simple way to CHOOSE to link or de-link them as suits your preference, but I would use them unlinked to "sleep" notifications while leaving the ringer all the way up at night. That way I could get emergency calls and not be bothered by overnight emails.

Posted from my XT1080M

Yep, I would love the option to link or unlink, especially time based. Closest thing I've found to get to this setting quicker is through Nova actions (using Nova Prime anyhow). Created a folder on home screen with utilities and added a Nova action shortcut directly to the Sound setting. On a side note, I love creating the action shortcuts in Nova to swipe up on an icon to compose a new message. So my gmail icon on the dock - I swipe up on it and it opens a new message to compose. Same with SMS. Love Nova! I'm sure other launchers can do these things too, but Nova is just what I've always used.

d12d

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

Not sure what I'm missing here but I just tried on my Turbo and it changes both the ringtone and notification volume. Tried turning the volumes off and several different levels and they both changed together. Not running any extra apps.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

With the app I linked above you can easily link and unlink them. Keep in mind, when they are linked you can still easily adjust them individually with by adjusting the ringer volume where you want it, and then adjusting the notification volume. In other words, ringer changes notification but not vice versa. The linking is mainly for convenience with the side volume buttons.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Not sure what I'm missing here but I just tried on my Turbo and it changes both the ringtone and notification volume. Tried turning the volumes off and several different levels and they both changed together. Not running any extra apps.

Not mine...the only time it will change both is if I turn all the way down to vibrate for the ringer - the notifications goes to silent. If I turn the ringer back on, the notifications go back to their previously set level. If I have both up all the way and just use volume buttons on side to turn ringer down part way, say to about half, the notifications are still at full volume. Confirmed by looking at Sounds - Volumes settings before and after.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

With the app I linked above you can easily link and unlink them. Keep in mind, when they are linked you can still easily adjust them individually with by adjusting the ringer volume where you want it, and then adjusting the notification volume. In other words, ringer changes notification but not vice versa. The linking is mainly for convenience with the side volume buttons.

Thanks for the link. Did a little research and found one that has great reviews and does exactly what I want. And free. Seriously though, this should be a function within the core OS. Android should copy BlackBerry sound profiles capabilities. Create as many custom sound profiles as you want and toggle between them with simple clicks.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the link. Did a little research and found one that has great reviews and does exactly what I want. And free. Seriously though, this should be a function within the core OS. Android should copy BlackBerry sound profiles capabilities. Create as many custom sound profiles as you want and toggle between them with simple clicks.

Which one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress