Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Anyone switch over to Art from dalvik yet?

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just did, going in and out of apps definitely seems snappier. I don't think it's in my head.... Anyone else?

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone switch over to Art from dalvik yet?

Thought about it but when I did it with my RMHD it caused massive battery drain. It cut it in half almost. But it was also an older phone and wasnt set up for it. Please keep this updated as to your results.

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site

It's a bit snappier with ART but I get the 38 Optimizing Apps every time I boot up

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

It's a bit snappier with ART but I get the 38 Optimizing Apps every time I boot up

How often do you reboot?
I rebooted once when I switched to ART and once just now when I read your post to see if it happened to me too. Now I got 56 apps optimizing. I wonder why that is.

Anywhoo, I switched over to ART the day I got the phone so I don't know if it makes things better. I just want to know ahead of time if any of my apps will be screwed up once the upgrade to L happens, because once we switch then we won't have any option other than ART.

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site

How often do you reboot?
I rebooted once when I switched to ART and once just now when I read your post to see if it happened to me too. Now I got 56 apps optimizing. I wonder why that is.

Anywhoo, I switched over to ART the day I got the phone so I don't know if it makes things better. I just want to know ahead of time if any of my apps will be screwed up once the upgrade to L happens, because once we switch then we won't have any option other than ART.
Well it's my second time that I switched to ART. I found the problem when I first rebooted and saw that I had to optimize the apps again. Then I saw it happened to everyone else. I went back to Davik and now I returned. As soon as I made the switch, I rebooted again there it behold it started Optimizing 38 apps.

I don't really reboot unless something weird happens with the phone. I only rebooted twice since Friday of owning the phone.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I got the same thing. It optimized the initial apps then I rebooted then it did another 84 apps. I'm afraid to reboot again... I've done this with the droid maxx with no issues.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Just switched I am going to test out battery life and just daily use to see if there is a noticeable difference in either.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I just switched and rebooted. Now optimizing 308 apps

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Just rebooted and now its optimizing 130 apps. Um, what?

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Just rebooted for the 3rd time and its optimizing the 130 apps yet again? Yeah going back to dalvik

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Just rebooted for the 3rd time and its optimizing the 130 apps yet again? Yeah going back to dalvik

It has to do that. Takes me about half hour but it switches the apps to respond to art. Just let it run.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Yeah but an average of 20 minutes to boot every time I reboot?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

It should only have to do that once. Sounds like a bug. I know the 2013 x doesn't do that.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

With this phone I wouldn't doubt it. Crazy thing is that the phone is now "laggy" for lack of a better term. I dont think its ready for primetime and ART

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Yeah but an average of 20 minutes to boot every time I reboot?

How many times do u reboot a day? Shouldn't be that big of a deal since u shouldn't need to be rebooting very often at all.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for testing. I'm going to move back to dalvik until lollipop is released.

arsalanmehmood

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I've restarted multiple times and now more than 4 hours are passed, but it is still stuck on "Optimizing app 1 of 2"
I've tried option with Power button & Volume down... but that is also not working for me.

I've LG G3 device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol