Stock launcher 3 crashing

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone I have a brand new Droid turbo which I just bought and I had to do you away the first one ready because it's out there was a good she. The stock launcher 3 would crash on me and force close all the time so I figured I would do a it and get another one and it seems like the second one is crashing has anyone else experienced this at all? Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about it's getting annoying to be honest with you

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418272498582.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418272498582.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 29

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would download a different launcher like either Google Now or Nova. Something that you can at least use your phone. After that, perhaps clearing data on Launcher 3 in Settings>apps>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to Launcher 3.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'll give that a shot thanks I can't think of anything else though. And trust me I know and love software just like the next geek does lol

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I would download a different launcher like either Google Now or Nova. Something that you can at least use your phone. After that, perhaps clearing data on Launcher 3 in Settings>apps>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to Launcher 3.
Okay so I tried clearing the cache and data from the stock launcher 3, and even my Google now cards for the widget is still glitchy now just saw the Google now card widget glitch though. I don't get it everyone talks so greatly about the sorry but I don't see it so far I don't see it unfortunately.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think what I might wind up doing is telling Customer Service said this is another and do a returning it will ever see my upgrade date and switch back to my old Moto X whixh is trustworthy than battery might suck but the software is great.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
have you tried a complete wipe and restore?
No but what I find interesting is the fact that does the same exact issue that I have with my first droid turbo and I've also noticed that the battery on my most conservative usage is only lasting 17 hours on the phone is now at 23 percent battery which sucks. I think I'm going to call customer service and return it and have them reset my upgrade date and possibly wish for the Nexus 6. I reset my launcher 3 which is a stock launcher once thinking that would help and that did not help at all.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It's almost surely a problem with an app if it happens on two different phones. The tricky thing is learning which app...

Or maybe it's a widget? Try removing all of them, see if it works fine, and then add widgets back one at a time.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's almost surely a problem with an app if it happens on two different phones. The tricky thing is learning which app...

Or maybe it's a widget? Try removing all of them, see if it works fine, and then add widgets back one at a time.
No the interesting thing is the fact that I had to send me that applications on my old moto X and never crashed for the launcher or anything like that. I find it very ironic.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
No the interesting thing is the fact that I had to send me that applications on my old moto X and never crashed for the launcher or anything like that. I find it very ironic.

It's a different launcher, different phone, different set of system apps. It's unusual I think to have the launcher crash, but it happens, and you've replicated it to a new phone, so it's doubtful it's a hardware failure.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's a different launcher, different phone, different set of system apps. It's unusual I think to have the launcher crash, but it happens, and you've replicated it to a new phone, so it's doubtful it's a hardware failure.
Yeah no I gotcha so I basically went back to my trusty old faithful Moto X for now. Which I'm still very happy with you even though the battery life is abysmal it still runs great