Ballistic nylon coming out /fraying

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
First full day with the turbo. Keep it in my front pocket. Just after lunch time I noticed some pocket lint around the camera. It was snagged on frayed ballistic nylon that was coming lose around the camera.

Anyone else experience this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ping Man

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had my turbo for almost 4 months and have only had some slight fraying. I just heat up a pin until it is red hot and melt the nylon. No more problems.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Look bottom right on the camera

Attachments

• 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 267.jpg
    267.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 50

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't stress over the little things or you'll keep driving yourself nuts. A lot of people have the slight fray by the camera so no worries.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I do feel for you guys that experience the fraying issue. Based on postings, I think it's a small number of phones. Mine is still pristine (purchased on release day). I've a bit of an "A" type personality, so this would probably bother me a bit also.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
What phone did you have before the turbo? I'm just curious if your use case is prone to snag or catch lint on a phone like this.

I never put my phone in my pockets, except a coat pocket, and I use the clear moko case so fraying isn't an issue, but if you dont have a case perhaps you should rethink pocketing the phone.

Like most things, you may have to readjust your use to keep certain things you want, like avoiding lint etc. I'm not commenting on build quality or telling you to change, just trying to help because I feel you I'm quite anal about appearance of my electronics too.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the razr m. Haven't used a case with my last 2 phones . I get a free otterbox commuter from Costco. It's in the mail we'll see how it goes. Jeans pocket is pretty standard for most of the United States I would think they would make a premium phone that can handle it.

BTW it's morning of day 2 and there's a 1/8" piece of nylon fray thread poking up next to the bottom edge. How much worse is it going to get?

I hate cases

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I returned mine about a week after I bought it because the fraying had become terrible. it first became pocket lint here and there, and I think due to picking it off it increased the fraying but after about a week I realized I needed to swap out the BN because its fraying was only gonna get worse.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Most have fraying on the BN, and most (including myself and my wife) haven't seen it get worse from date of purchase. However, if your unit has considerably bad fraying, heating the end of a paper clip and melting down the fraying (at your own risk) seems to be an excellent corrective action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87