Goodbye Turbo

cmckeller

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
After just under 2 months with the Droid Turbo, I've released it back into the wild. I wanted to love this phone and care for it, but it just wasn't meant to be. My chief complaints were the WiFi issues, speaker volume, and call quality. The camera was just okay, but I don't expect any phone camera to ever replace a point-and-shoot. As painful as it was for me to switch, I'm now using an iPhone 6 Plus. A HUGE thank you to Google for making the adjustment to a new platform easier by making your apps available on other platforms. Of all the Android phones I've used over the years, I never expected the Droid Turbo to cause me to switch platforms. Perhaps I'll return if a phone woos me, but I'm disenchanted with Motorola because of the Droid Turbo; however, they are the most likely to produce a phone to woo me back. I never had good luck with Samsung and I was an unfortunate owner of a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. I can't stand HTC's Sense skin but their build quality is great (I know I can change the launcher). LG is making a phone that doesn't feel like high-quality device in my hand, but offers high-end internals. There's my long-winded goodbye. Thanks for the awesome forums Android Central! I'll see ya over on iMore.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
You should have given HTC a chance man. Although no phone today is a bad phone. IPhone 6 plus will do you just fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I never had those issues either. Wi-Fi works great, never one dropped call after the last AC update and the speaker is plenty loud as I never have it all the way up.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Curious to know what Wi-Fi issues there are with the turbo. I was considering switching to the turbo.

Posted via Android Central App