Problem sending group text

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
On two occasions now, I've sent a text message to a group using the Verizon message app. The first time, some contacts were in my contact list and others weren't. I entered their numbers putting a space after them. I send the message, and see the following: sent to some. This is completely unhelpful because I have no idea who got it and who didn't.

I then added all numbers to my contact list. The second time I sent a text, I just kept going back to the contact list and adding each person to the text. I sent it out, and again it says: sent to some.

Why can I not send a group text? What am I doing wrong?

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure without seeing it, but is it possible that some of the numbers are either landline numbers, or perhaps the recipients turned off receiving MMS messages? (Group texts are generally sent as MMS rather than plain text SMS; to be sent as SMS, they need to be sent as individual messages to each contact, as SMS does not support group text functionality.)

What happens when you switch to a different SMS app (settings / more... / default SMS app) temporarily and then send the same group message? Do you get a different error message?

(I don't use Verizon Messages myself - I don't like the app.)

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
After speaking with Verizon tech support, they claim that the 'sent to some' message indicates that some of the numbers I sent a text to were Verizon numbers, so the messaging app reported back that the message was sent to the Verizon numbers. The app doesn't know about non Verizon numbers, so it can't report on whether the message was sent.

Maybe I need to look at getting a different text app that will provide notification on who got the message and who didn't.

Posted via the Android Central App