Not receiving MMS

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I updated to Lollipop and even factory reset but I can't receive pictures. I'm able to send them out without an issue though. Anyone else?

Edit: Solved! It was a network issue, not Lollipop.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a security setting somewhere has gone awry.

I checked and they even sent tests. Nothing came back. I also can't activate the Verizon voicemail application. I get Error 9009 but that's fine because I use Google Voice. I did a factory reset again and still having issues.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Which SMS app are you using? I'm using Textra.

Hangouts and Messaging.

Its being very weird. I still can't receive pictures. Verizon says everything is showing up fine on their end. I remember receiving a picture from my friend yesterday AFTER I already had Lollipop so this just started today.

Are you by any chance in Illinois?

Edit: Complaints on DownDetector.com show all over Chicagoland including near me. Lockport, Illinois is confirmed which is near me.

Edit #2: My brother receives my pictures but he's on a dumb phone. Beginning to think its a LTE issue.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they'll come across on the Verizon Message+ app.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they'll come across on the Verizon Message+ app.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Tried that as a last resort with no luck. Verizon confirmed that the town over from me has a red area signaling issues so he filed a ticket for me.

I have to set up my phone all over again now because of my second reset. :(

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hangouts and Messaging.

Its being very weird. I still can't receive pictures. Verizon says everything is showing up fine on their end. I remember receiving a picture from my friend yesterday AFTER I already had Lollipop so this just started today.

Are you by any chance in Illinois?

Edit: Complaints on DownDetector.com show all over Chicagoland including near me. Lockport, Illinois is confirmed which is near me.

Edit #2: My brother receives my pictures but he's on a dumb phone. Beginning to think its a LTE issue.

I am in Illinois, in fact! I'm in the north suburbs. Would that explain why we aren't getting MMS though? Receiving text messages has been extremely wonky for me (most come in, others don't), but MMS has been a disaster.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Every time I've had issues its been network related ... Folks say to reset the APN but that still doesn't work. Usually I confirm its a network issue by going into airplane mode and connecting to WiFi only and then try using hangouts to send and receive images and if that works I assume it's a network issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Every time I've had issues its been network related ... Folks say to reset the APN but that still doesn't work. Usually I confirm its a network issue by going into airplane mode and connecting to WiFi only and then try using hangouts to send and receive images and if that works I assume it's a network issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

But data was fine this time. I could use 4G and surf the web.