Alarm and headphones

Evan39

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My Droid RAZR would sound alarm clock externally if my headphones were left plugged in. Not anymore with the Turbo. Another oversight.

Evan

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If I was wearing noise canceling headphones, I think I'd want alarms to play through them, if I really wanted to hear them. This is a problem with a simple solution - unplug your headphones when you're not using them if you know you have an upcoming alarm.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's how o fall asleep at night.

Evan

So, you have your headphones in your ears to fall asleep. But, at some point, you remove the headphones from your ears. Why not just unplug them when you take them out of your ears?

Evan39

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Lol..I sleep all night! They fall out of my ears as I sleep. In any case..its a missed feature! And why have an alarm clock when you already have one on your phone!?

Evan

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol..I sleep all night! They fall out of my ears as I sleep. In any case..its a missed feature! And why have an alarm clock when you already have one on your phone!?

Evan

Because you don't have to worry about an alarm clock having earphones plugged in, crashing overnight, or running out of battery, etc.

Did you try that app I linked?

The use case of people who fall asleep with earbuds in has to be infinitesimal you small. I hope that they don't make a change to adjust for a unique use case.

Evan39

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
What bothers me about this is I feel it was an oversight while developing. I do not like inconsistencies. It worked well for me, I hope the change is incorporated. Will look into your app suggestion.

Evan

Chris Macdonald1

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
What bothers me about this is I feel it was an oversight while developing. I do not like inconsistencies. It worked well for me, I hope the change is incorporated. Will look into your app suggestion.

Evan

Evan I'm 100% with you on this one. Just bought a Nexus 6p. Every other phone I've had plays the alarm very loudly through the speakers. I fall asleep listening to podcasts or music through earphones every night, so I don't disturb the missus. They always fall out of your ears in your sleep. Not saying it should be changed just to cater for a small group of people, but there should be an option to select how the alarm audio is sent.
What if you forget to unplug your headphones? Slept in today and when I got up, the alarm was going off...sure enough it was playing through the bloody earphones. Again, I have never seen a phone that does that... And I've had a lot of phones....surely there's a reason no other device does that...because it doesn't make sense!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Evan I'm 100% with you on this one. Just bought a Nexus 6p. Every other phone I've had plays the alarm very loudly through the speakers. I fall asleep listening to podcasts or music through earphones every night, so I don't disturb the missus. They always fall out of your ears in your sleep. Not saying it should be changed just to cater for a small group of people, but there should be an option to select how the alarm audio is sent.
Again - did you try using the alarm app that I linked to above? Try it and let us know if it works.

ejtsang

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Is that problem pre-Lollipop? I too fall asleep with headphones plugged in, but have no problem with the alarm still ringing through the speaker. Maybe it's the alarm app...I'm using Timely Alarm (which I believe is owned by Google now).

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I think it was pre lollipop, my alarm goes off on phone speaker and Bluetooth ear buds if connected. I use the stock alarm app.