Turbo Charger not recognized

gholaleto

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday, my Motorola Turbo charger stopped quick charging the phone. It will still charge, but acts like a normal charger (4+ hours to charge from dead). I also have a quick charger car adapter that used to work, but now also only charges at the normal rate. I've rebooted several times and wiped the system cache, but no change. Anyone else experiencing this and if so, were you able to resolve it?

limeyinusa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue. I can't remember now if my Turbo charger ever worked but I called Moto directly and after some attempts to resolve the issue with cache wipes etc they decided to send me a new charger and cable. The guy reckoned that original cables were at fault. Since then all good.
May be worth a call to Moto. Depends on how old yours is but they may replace the charger?

Posted via the Android Central App

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I would agree on the cables being the problem. I had issues with charging and a quick cable change was all I needed.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently found mine to not be charging as quickly as it used to. Used the cable from my old G2 with the Turbo charger and it's back to rapid charging.

Kiss4aFrog

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
We have two motorola androids both with turbo chargers. One quit working so I was able to mix and match to isolate the problem. Turns out it in my case it was the cord. If the cord it's tight it quits "turbo" charging and will only charge at the slower speed or quit all together. My problem was I tried a cord or two that also didn't work until I came across a spare that had a nice new tight fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty