Text Messages Disappeared

pdarrah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the update show up yet for Marshmallow, so I am still on the same system version I have been for ages. Haven't installed any new apps. No crashes of apps or anything else that I've noticed. Just went to send a text and ALL my texts are gone. I don't generally delete them or clear them out, but I'm also not a teenager. I only started texting regularly about 2 years ago when I got my Turbo - prior to that I was paying per text and tried to avoid it.

I am using the stock "Messaging" app (not the Verizon Message+ or Hangouts). I checked the Verizon Cloud app and it claims I have over 4000 messages saved, however when I try to restore them (Tools - Content Restore) it spends about 2 minutes "restoring", claims it is finished and yet, I still don't have any of my messages on my phone. I tried switching to Hangouts and back - no messages in either app. The "Messaging" app does not show up under Settings-Apps, so I can't clear the app cache.

Any thoughts? Any idea WHY this happened so I can avoid it in the future? Any ideas on how to get my old messages back from Verizon Cloud?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Try switching to the Verizon Messages+ app and see if it restores whatever it has.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo