Putting Droid X back to stock

zbban1#AC

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I am switching from Verizon and am selling my Droid X and going with the Prevail. It is not rooted, bone stock, with only normal upgrades offered through the "about phone" screen on the phone. I did search, but didn't come up with the answer I was looking for. How do I revert the phone back to stock? I'm going to put it a new SD card, do I have to delete all pics on the phone or will it do it itself during whatever process it takes to wipe it clean? Thanks for any and all help in advance!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am switching from Verizon and am selling my Droid X and going with the Prevail. It is not rooted, bone stock, with only normal upgrades offered through the "about phone" screen on the phone. I did search, but didn't come up with the answer I was looking for. How do I revert the phone back to stock? I'm going to put it a new SD card, do I have to delete all pics on the phone or will it do it itself during whatever process it takes to wipe it clean? Thanks for any and all help in advance!

On the one hand you indicate it is bone stock, yet you ask how to return to stock? I am guessing here about what you are trying to accomplish: It seems as though you are just concerned with the contents on the SD card? In which case just save anything you want to keep to your PC and delete them from the SD card.

zbban1#AC

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
On the one hand you indicate it is bone stock, yet you ask how to return to stock? I am guessing here about what you are trying to accomplish: It seems as though you are just concerned with the contents on the SD card? In which case just save anything you want to keep to your PC and delete them from the SD card.
Sorry for the confusion, by stock I meant that it isn't rooted/modified or anything like that. I am replacing the SD card with a new one, but am concerned that the pics on the phone are stored somewhere else on the phone...? I am just trying to accomplish getting the phone back to the way it was, content-wise, when I bought it brand new.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion, by stock I meant that it isn't rooted/modified or anything like that. I am replacing the SD card with a new one, but am concerned that the pics on the phone are stored somewhere else on the phone...? I am just trying to accomplish getting the phone back to the way it was, content-wise, when I bought it brand new.

If device isn't rooted just go to Settings / Privacy / Factory Data Reset and follow steps.. And as for photos, they are stored on card so removing card remove photos..

zbban1#AC

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
If device isn't rooted just go to Settings / Privacy / Factory Data Reset and follow steps.. And as for photos, they are stored on card so removing card remove photos..
Thanks, that's what I was looking for, the process of how to do it. Thanks again to both of you!

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Pictures taken with the phone don't store anywhere but on the SD card, so don't worry about that.

All you have to do is remove your SD card when you are ready to wipe it & go to Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset. That will remove all your accounts, info, and revert all your settings.

Edit: Damn, I type too slow. :)

zbban1#AC

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Pictures taken with the phone don't store anywhere but on the SD card, so don't worry about that.

All you have to do is remove your SD card when you are ready to wipe it & go to Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset. That will remove all your accounts, info, and revert all your settings.

Edit: Damn, I type too slow. :)
Lol at typing too slow. :) Not a problem and thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty