Verizon shipping Droid X Early?

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So some plans came up on July 15th.... at 10am... when I was planning to get my X. Does anyopne know if I order it online if I can pick it up in-store later in the day?

It's free overnight delivery, but if you really can'r wait for it I understand lol.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Here is what I found out. A handfull of csr's started ordering early n almost lost there jobs. The ones they ordered DID ship! They have since locked it down. I wish I was one of the lucky ones.....lol

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I called VZW today and spoke to a CSR and asked if I could move my NE2 date from August 8th to July 15th but had no luck. I told her that I was (and I really am) the first pre-order at my local BB but she still didn't budge. It sounds like that you all with NE2 dates this month are the lucky ones.

jbmoby

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I called VZW today and spoke to a CSR and asked if I could move my NE2 date from August 8th to July 15th but had no luck. I told her that I was (and I really am) the first pre-order at my local BB but she still didn't budge. It sounds like that you all with NE2 dates this month are the lucky ones.

That may be so. I was also told the following.

-"Wow, you have done well paying your bills on time."
-"Thank you."
-"It looks like I could move you up to today if you want me to because you have been such a good customer."

I paraphrase, but you get the idea. I am not an insider and don't know what "really" happened, but thats what my CSR said.

I don't know why they wouldn't move Aug 8, that is within a couple weeks of mine. I have been with VZW for 4 years, so I am established but not an uber customer or anything. Maybe try in a week, you might be close enough for them to move it then, just not this week. Mine was moved up 2 weeks, maybe over a month is too much, or just need to call and try another CSR.

Good luck!

Last edited:

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was specifically told by the rep I spoke with that they can move it up to 30 days. Perhaps you should try on the 8th or 9th, because they just reset mine to the day I called. So I would try calling within 30 days of your NE2 and try to have it reset then. I don't think they have the ability to reset it to some date in the future, only to reset it to today if within 30 days.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
That may be so. I was also told the following.

-"Wow, you have done well paying your bills on time."
-"Thank you."
-"It looks like I could move you up to today if you want me to because you have been such a good customer."

I paraphrase, but you get the idea. I am not an insider and don't know what "really" happened, but thats what my CSR said.

I don't know why they wouldn't move Aug 8, that is within a couple weeks of mine. I have been with VZW for 4 years, so I am established but not an uber customer or anything. Maybe try in a week, you might be close enough for them to move it then, just not this week. Mine was moved up 2 weeks, maybe over a month is too much, or just need to call and try another CSR.

Good luck!

I have had verizon for quite some time, and I actually have 3 phones under my social sec # with mine being the primary line. I have heard of several people with NE2 dates in July (after the 15) getting bumped up to July 15 so I am thinking that August even August 8th maybe be a tad to far off. BUT if someone with an August NE2 date got bumped I would love to know the magic words.

If not I am still wondering if BB would honor my pre-order and hold the phone on-site for me. Maybe I can call back the week of the 19th and see if they will let me bump my NE2 then.

lrs119

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Get it NOW!

Hey Guys,

So, I called Verizon everyday to find out about ordering the Droid X. Finally, on July 3rd one of the CSRs allowed me to place the order for my droid X over the phone with her. Now, my X is being shipped and will be here by the 8th!!! Whenever I called back to track my X, the people at Verizon couldn't believe that I was able to order it and that it got shipped. Call Verizon and tell the representative that you want them to order it for you. They do have the ability to place the order. Once it's placed, it will ship with in 2 days! Try it!

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with VZ and asked the csr for the status of my dinc order and he said sure "let me check" he said there was still a month backlog. I asked him what should I do since my phone is on its last legs, should I wait for the dinc or get the X. He said he was getting an X, so I said go ahead and cancel my dinc order. He put notes into account stating he canceled the dinc and reserverd a X for me. He threw in a couple of freebies and gave me overnight shipping as well, I think I really lucked out with this csr.

Last edited:

lrs119

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me. My NE2 date was Dec 13. I told them about all the problems I was having with my BB Storm. They moved my date to June 12(the day I called in). Then I ordered the incredible. Then I found out that the X was coming out, so I cancelled my incredible so I could order the X on the 15th. I called every day to find out if they started a preorder. Finally on July 3rd, the CSR let me upgrade both lines to the droid X and allowed me to order 2. Then yesterday, I got an email that both X's were shipped. They are due to arrive on the 8th. Keep trying. It is possible. When I called Verizon back to change my shipping address, the CSRs were shocked that I was even able to order it and even more shocked that it shipped. Try it!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Apparently that little loop hole has been plugged already by VZW. Glad to see you got yours, though! We are all expecting you to post early impressions!

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me. My NE2 date was Dec 13. I told them about all the problems I was having with my BB Storm. They moved my date to June 12(the day I called in). Then I ordered the incredible. Then I found out that the X was coming out, so I cancelled my incredible so I could order the X on the 15th. I called every day to find out if they started a preorder. Finally on July 3rd, the CSR let me upgrade both lines to the droid X and allowed me to order 2. Then yesterday, I got an email that both X's were shipped. They are due to arrive on the 8th. Keep trying. It is possible. When I called Verizon back to change my shipping address, the CSRs were shocked that I was even able to order it and even more shocked that it shipped. Try it!

Congratulations!!!!

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Read a few of the other threads in here, as a few posters have mentioned that they were presumably sent X units. Still no confirmation though.

coerulea

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Allrighty ppl... I need to go buy some lottery tickets... the FedEx man delivered not an eris, not a droid one, but an honest to goodness Droid X, all the finger crossing I did over the weekend worked... lol.

IMG00146-20100706-1726 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

First impressions are extremely good, its only been outta the box a few minutes, but the weight is perfect, its most definitely not too big, which was a minor concern lingering in the back of my mind. The thickness (or rather lack thereof) of the phone is awesome, it feels slim and chic in your hand, and the camera bump feels more like an ergonomic design feature than anything else.

IMG00148-20100706-1732 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The phone startup and setup blows my first gen Storm boot time out of the water, this last pic was taken with my partners Incredible of the decom'd Storm 1 and the new X side by side.

IMAG0165 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The haptic feedback is nice, and actually feels quicker than even the Incredible (this may just be excitement talking) I surely wont miss surepress, sureclick, or whatever they are calling it now...

So enough rambling, but to all the people who said impossible, your crazy, etc... is the appropriate term... "suck it!!"? lol.

Im off to test it out and and play with my new toy ;)

Last edited:

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I thought for sure there was some screw up and you were getting anything BUT an X. Good for you though. Enjoy it.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Good on you, man. I only wish I could be so lucky lol. Enjoy it. It's not everyday you can get a pre-release on an amazing phone like that.