Programming for the Droid X

Arehexes

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Question about programming for this phone, I have been hearing about Moto blocking the rom flashing process to add custom roms. I doubt I will be using that much ;) but I was wondering if this will stop me from programming Apps for the phone?

Arehexes

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I guess that helps my picking between the Fascinate and the X. But do you think Moto will give a update to Android 3.0?

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
To Gingerbread? Of course, but no phone has it yet so I wouldn't worry about that... Worry about it getting 2.2, which it will so no troubles!

Arehexes

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
What kind of apps do you have in mind? :D

Well since it uses java I can jump right in, but I never did GUI so I'm learning that in a few weeks (after summer school) to write some basic stuff to learn how events work. But I wanna write a app that lets you load a song on your phone (from the memory stick or on phone storage) and you can edit it (two sliders on the end of end and start of the time track of the song) and shrink it down to make a ring tone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well since it uses java I can jump right in, but I never did GUI so I'm learning that in a few weeks (after summer school) to write some basic stuff to learn how events work. But I wanna write a app that lets you load a song on your phone (from the memory stick or on phone storage) and you can edit it (two sliders on the end of end and start of the time track of the song) and shrink it down to make a ring tone.

That's cool! I envy anyone that can develop programs.

Arehexes

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well post it up on the forums, I'd like to see it, seems like it'd be cool to have something diff from the rest of the android world... but thats just me>.>

Well if I can get past my drawing boards, and finish reading the android API and a book on how to program it. I plan on starting to work on it, seeing how I have no GUI skills and I'm the only one doing this...

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I apologize. I did not mean my comment to dissuade you, mostly to let you know there is a tool out there in case you were not aware. I agree with MolecularGraph, please post your version when it is ready.

Arehexes

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I apologize. I did not mean my comment to dissuade you, mostly to let you know there is a tool out there in case you were not aware. I agree with MolecularGraph, please post your version when it is ready.

Wasn't dissuade I never planned to release it for public use(though I might), I just have like all these ideas and I have to keep in mind a lot of programs I work on get scrapped due to school taking over my work (And one class I need to learn 3 different languages one being a language the prof wrote to use recursion).

You may want to check out AppInvetor its supposed to be easy as pie to create apps.

Wow that's really is a neat site I like what it offers from what I read (I just quickly skimmed it for now). When I get my test this week out of the way I'm gonna read up on this.