Maybe this explains the rebooting/bad battery life?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying out JuiceDefender. Just installed it, let it run with the default settings and I'll update tomorrow. Presently (pre JD), I'd get about 10 hours before I hit a yellow 30% left.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If we do this, will it affect us when Froyo comes out? Also, could you pm me and let me know where you got it and how to put on SetCPU?

The way I understand it is that a rooted DX should still get the OTA update as long as no "bloatware" was removed after rooting. The DX will update like normal and then when the update is done the DX will no longer be rooted ...(until someone finds away to root it again which shouldn't be too hard since they already did it once). If this is not the case then we will have to unroot the DX then get the update ...which requires hooking the DX up to the USB cable and pressing a button and that's about it.

SetCPU is available in the market for free (there is a donate version too)

My Settings
#Main
Max = 1000; Min = 800
Set on Boot (Check)

#Profiles
Temp > 45.5*C: Max = 600; Min = 300; Priority = 100
Screen Off: Max = 600; Min = 300; Priority = 98
Battery < 100%: Max = 1000; Min = 800; Priority = 90
Charging/Full: Max = 1000; Min = 800; Priority = 80

#Advanced
Sampling: 30000
Up: 50
Ignore: 0
Power: 0
Set on Boot (Check)

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
ok day three of the test, as I said last night I never put phone on the charger. I used it alot more today, texting, calls, social networking, pictures, videos and its 9pm and im at 30%. So I guess that advance task manager did help with my battery alot, SInce this was the first time I went two days without charging. Thank you Verizon

Matt Kline

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
ok day three of the test, as I said last night I never put phone on the charger. I used it alot more today, texting, calls, social networking, pictures, videos and its 9pm and im at 30%. So I guess that advance task manager did help with my battery alot, SInce this was the first time I went two days without charging. Thank you Verizon

Thanks for the update. I have been going back and forth about ATK.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I have been going back and forth about ATK.

I was for a while too, so what I did was get rid of the icon for it on my homescreen, since the only reason I ever used it was because it was always right in front of me. I have been going since Friday without ATK and I couldn't be more surprised. My phone definitely runs better and my battery life definitely hasn't suffered at all (hard to make an accurate assumption on this bc I installed JuiceDefender on Friday too).

I would recommend doing something similar. Make yourself go a week without using it and see if you notice anything different. If you MUST use it, only use it on apps that don't constantly self-start. Keep it for apps like Google Goggles and Maps and the Browser if you don't use it much.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that's using JuiceDefender noticed that after installing it, if you go to Settings (the phone settings, not JuiceDefender settings)> about phone>status that nothing in the status section opens any longer? You can look at your battery level, but no longer select it to see where the usage breaks down. Does JuiceDefender take that over?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I really torn about using this (ATK). I read great things from you and the next guy says its bad news. What settings did you set this u with to such great results?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really torn about using this (ATK). I read great things from you and the next guy says its bad news. What settings did you set this u with to such great results?

I'd check this article out. How to properly set up and use a task killer (Oh, yes, I went there!)

Some people like it and others don't. If you know what you're doing and set everything up correctly, nobody is going to stop you from installing it and testing it out yourself like tmax1964 did and it seemed to have worked out well in that case.

To each his (or her) own.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

You are talking about ATK (advance task Killer), thats not what the verizon guy put on my phone its called Advanced task manager the free verison If you go to appbrain and type in advanced task manager scroll down a few for free app. he aslo put a widget from the app on my phone I just hit it twice a day, excluded a few items that I didnt want killed, very easy to use,Im not smart phone savay either, this is a whole new world to me.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I saw and read about juice defender, people seem to have good results , but it looks complicated to me. I need simplicity, so I will keep that app in mind for future if I end up needing it. once the new froyo update comes out this may change things.

jasoncardenas21

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that's using JuiceDefender noticed that after installing it, if you go to Settings (the phone settings, not JuiceDefender settings)> about phone>status that nothing in the status section opens any longer? You can look at your battery level, but no longer select it to see where the usage breaks down. Does JuiceDefender take that over?

If you're using a DX, go to the settings and then Battery Manager, it is there where you will find Battery Use.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you're using a DX, go to the settings and then Battery Manager, it is there where you will find Battery Use.

Sorry. I guess I experienced temporary duffusness. I kept thinking that something happened in the past when I pressed battery level/battery status.

I gotta say that I'm loving this JuiceDefender. I've been unplugged for 7 hours now and I'm still at 80%.

Last edited:

bigboss

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Agree with above poster, since puttig juice defender on battery life on my droid has doubled! I get around 12 hours with pretty moderate- heavy use. Although nowhere near as great as above poster, im jealous

It's actually really easy to set up, download and install then let. AUTO set up for you and enable it. I havey touched a single setting myself, just let it run and do it's thing.

Only gripe i have about it, is that the unplugged time is no longer accurate. For example, i took phone off charger at 1030am and i have 80% remaining, but my phone tells me its been unplugged for 13 hours. Anyone getting this prob with juice defender?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Agree with above poster, since puttig juice defender on battery life on my droid has doubled! I get around 12 hours with pretty moderate- heavy use. Although nowhere near as great as above poster, im jealous

It's actually really easy to set up, download and install then let. AUTO set up for you and enable it. I havey touched a single setting myself, just let it run and do it's thing.

Only gripe i have about it, is that the unplugged time is no longer accurate. For example, i took phone off charger at 1030am and i have 80% remaining, but my phone tells me its been unplugged for 13 hours. Anyone getting this prob with juice defender?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Maybe its reading the time from when your battery hit 100% charged. That would still be a fairly useless piece of data, but it could be the reason for what you're seeing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty