Check for update was not available at this time

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
In light of the constant stream of Froyo rumors flying around (some saying there's a limited release coming soon, etc), I've been trying to check if I was eligible for the update on my DX. When I go to Settings>About Phone>Check for Update I get the message "Check for update not available at this time. Try again later.", or occasionally it will go to the checking stage, and sit there doing nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think I've messed with anything, but is it possible that I've disabled some service that was supposed to take care of this?

If nothing else I do want to be ready when Froyo hits the big time.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No OTA update today but, but try turning on WiFi before you force the check. That's how I was able to force the recent update for 2.1 on launch day.

droidish

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I also had that message intermittently, which seemed related to poor network connection. Hows your browsing? It may also be due to all the dx users trying to get 2.2 ota. Have you tried a power cycle?

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I understand what you mean,on 3g I get the Update not avabile at this time. Did the power cycle same thing. Went to WiFi buried full signal,getting the red spinner,checking for update.please wait. Thas been about 8 min. nothing. I will call CS TOMORROW.

jayxpx

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to download updates via the internet at all? I have tried to update my Droid 2 since the other day when they mentioned an update was available through this site. I get the continuous spinning for WiFi and when im on 3g it says that update is not available at this time. I know its not a major update but i like to run the most up to date software when i can. Any help would be great.