Anyone got an update from Verizon re:2.2?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The official OTA pushed from vzw hasnt been sent yet . The last I read it is suppose to be in Sept. sometime :)

It will come under system updates in your settings , I think you will get a notification as well in the notification bar

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Most of the rumor-milling indicates the first half of September (that includes "official" speculation on the Motorola forums) and several less-well-sourced people have indicated the end of this week (i.e. the 2nd or 3rd). Unless the Dinc starts rolling out a lot faster I'm thinking that the following week may be more likely, but we'll see how fast and how smooth the Dinc Froyo rollout goes the next couple days.

Dendrite

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I was on the phone this weekend with VZW tech support regarding another issue. When that problem was solved I asked him what he had heard about 2.2 being pushed to the Droid X OTA. His response was "I'm getting that question a lot right now- probably mid to end of September".

We'll see!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Meh, as had been repeated on the forums, the techs have the same (or less) info then what is available here. I highly doubt late September; early to mid I can see (and that would be consistent with the other info, both leaked and official).

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing around the middle I say that because they are still rolling out 2.2 on the Incredible so I definitely don't see it happening this week but we will see. The sooner the better can't wait to see flash running on these 4.3 inches of beauty.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Already have a leak and a rom. Flash is not all its cracked up to be. Just root and flash and all will be fine
I'm guessing around the middle I say that because they are still rolling out 2.2 on the Incredible so I definitely don't see it happening this week but we will see. The sooner the better can't wait to see flash running on these 4.3 inches of beauty.