corporate email and the Droid 2

rhcmhc#AC

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a droid X . . . but can someone explain to me why the Droid 2 commercials say the 2 is set up to work with corporate email. Is my X not set up already to handle corporate email?

DroidEye22

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is, but our last update .604 screwed us up so instead of fixing the problem motorola is giving away free licenses to an App Called Touch Down which is for corporate email. Never think low of the X, ever.......

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine with corp email. Hooked up to 2 corp exchange servers. Only problem is that I can only browse one directory. Not a big deal for me though.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Apparently Froyo has some better integration with corporate servers (things like giving the Exchange server administrators some controls like BES servers do). Soon that advantage will go away.

The Droid Classic series is a nicer fit than the X since the physical keyboard is a win with former BB users, sadly they'll quickly find it lacking compared to RIM's fantastic keyboards but happily they'll also discover that the on-screen keyboard isn't nearly as bad as they had thought. I think of the Droid's physical keyboard more as training wheels for Blackberry users :)

Remember that commercials are about marketing, by mentioning corporate email they're making people stop and think "can I replace my Blackberry with a Droid?" Once they've made that connection they may realize that any modern Android phone can handle corporate email and make a broader choice.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Apparently Froyo has some better integration with corporate servers (things like giving the Exchange server administrators some controls like BES servers do). Soon that advantage will go away.

I just assumed that administrators had some pretty tight control. One of my exchange accounts forced a PIN lock on my X.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez