Moving apps to SD card

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why you would need this done. The X has enough on board mem that it's impossible (in a realistic world) to use it up. You might say that you want to install 5005 apps, so there's not enough mem, but that's not a realistic world situation. Your apps are going to function better and run faster on the device, not the sd card.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Plus..in the 30 minutes you were waiting on a response from someone to tell you how to move more than 1 app at a time to the SD card, you could have moved all the apps that you have that allow storage on the SD card 1 by 1.

G

GenericMessage

All snarky comments aside..............

Lets remember to be nice in here folks.

No, there is no way to achieve this.
Sadly Apps2SD was a solution for older phones (Original Droid).

But with all the on board memory that you have, plus the fact that when you transfer an app to SD, if it has a widget, that widget becomes unusable.

ukcatsb4hawks

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Plus..in the 30 minutes you were waiting on a response from someone to tell you how to move more than 1 app at a time to the SD card, you could have moved all the apps that you have that allow storage on the SD card 1 by 1.

I had already moved them before the original post smarta$$.... I was asking for future reference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
im wondering why you want your apps on the sd card? is there a good reason? the x has 6gb of built in app memory that is used just for apps nothing else, much better performance this way.
I had already moved them before the original post smarta$$.... I was asking for future reference.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to remind everyone that insults are not allowed. Anyone who breaks this rule will receive a warning and then a ban if a warning is not enough. Thanks.

traindrvr63

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
All snarky comments aside..............

Lets remember to be nice in here folks.

No, there is no way to achieve this.
Sadly Apps2SD was a solution for older phones (Original Droid).

But with all the on board memory that you have, plus the fact that when you transfer an app to SD, if it has a widget, that widget becomes unusable.

I am using apps2SD on my dx and I can move my apps to the card and the widgets are usuable with no problems. some of the ones i moved just for test purposes were flash tv and paper toss....and they worked fine.... a little slow opening but worked fine.
:cool:

G

GenericMessage

I am using apps2SD on my dx and I can move my apps to the card and the widgets are usuable with no problems. some of the ones i moved just for test purposes were flash tv and paper toss....and they worked fine.... a little slow opening but worked fine.

Well on the original droid that wasn't the case. And paper toss has no widget...so?

traindrvr63

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
meaning no disrespect... but when you download the app..it puts a picture of a trashcan on your app screen.. is that not a "widget" that you press to go to the app?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
A widget is something that is getting data or pulling data on your home screen plus a shortcut to said app. A regular app is just a icon that is a shortcut to app location. That's my definition.

G

GenericMessage

meaning no disrespect... but when you download the app..it puts a picture of a trashcan on your app screen.. is that not a "widget" that you press to go to the app?

lol its cool!

That would be a icon, or a shortcut if you will.

If you long press your home screen you'll see "Moto widgets" and "android widgets"

Those will obviously be widgets. Widgets are (sometimes) interactive little desktop things that do specific tasks.

Like the calendar displays your date and upcoming appointments.

But don't worry, most apps that have widgets don't have apps2SD because of that problem.

But the big one (Pandora) has caused many bouts of confusion in the android community

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
A better sd card would be faster.

Last edited:

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried moving a few apps to my 32GB SD card in my DX, and the app icons turned up missing from the app drawer screen. :/ Had to move them back to phone for them to show up again. I read that this happens because on bootup the OS populates the app drawer icons BEFORE the SD card is even mounted. So any apps on SD end up not showing up on the app drawer screen. I am hoping this changes in the next OS release.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
im sorry but i have to ask again why are folks moving apps to sd card? the X has 6gb of internal memory just for apps. use the memory card for media and rom storage.
I tried moving a few apps to my 32GB SD card in my DX, and the app icons turned up missing from the app drawer screen. :/ Had to move them back to phone for them to show up again. I read that this happens because on bootup the OS populates the app drawer icons BEFORE the SD card is even mounted. So any apps on SD end up not showing up on the app drawer screen. I am hoping this changes in the next OS release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol