DROID X buttons question

falcon four

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Alright, let's all start with what we already know:

1. The Droid X is a behemoth of a phone.
2. Due to the above predicament, it is difficult to hit the "back" button while browsing web pages.

The question is this:

can I create a small icon on my screen that will stay there, on top of, the web pages that I visit? I'd like to be able to "GO BACK" to previous page without hitting the hardware key on the bottom of the phone. If not a "button", can I create a shortcut "motion" where I drag my finger across the screen in a certain way?

Your help and useful suggestions are greatly appreciated.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am not an expert or anything so I don't know if this can be achieved, but how are you having trouble hitting the "back" button? I haven't noticed it being a problem for me, but I do have average sized hands & maybe yours are very small or very large. I actually find it quite easy, especially in landscape which it usually is when I am on the browser.

Maybe one of the alternative browsers have that ability? Have you tried any others?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem hitting the back button, but I know that the Dolphin HD browser supports gestures. If you tap anywhere near the bottom left corner, you can then make a series of gestures (and add custom ones) to do things. A backwards facing arrow goes back, an "m" creates a bookmark...and many others exist. It may sound cumbersome, but it's really fast to do. I switched to the xScope browser and the gestures function is the only thing I miss from Dolphin.

falcon four

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I think that might just do it. I was hoping for what you're explaining, either a button that is in the corner of the screen or a motion I can trace (this case an arrow) to go back instead of hitting the button.

I'm new to the droid x (coming from blackberry curve) and I think it'll help to speed up browsing.

Thanks

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I came from bb as well and I highly recommend searching youtube for videos on the Droid X (as well as apps you might want to try, like Dolphin HD). It's amazing how quickly you can learn this new platform when you watch someone do something in a video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa