Adding icons (or shortcuts)

Hornswoggled

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Just transitioned from the Note 10+ to the Note 20 Ultra. Overall, the migration went well; Smart Switch seems to improve each year, and this year it was great to see most all of my icons organized in the same positions and pages as they were in the old phone.

My wife is not very tech savvy, and sometimes needs help with her phone. Problem is, she uses it set up in a foreign language (Thai), and it becomes a challenge each time I work with it just to get if flipped over to English. I'm wondering if there is a way to create an icon (or shortcut, if that term is correct) that I can keep on her home screen, that would take me directly to the Settings > General Management > Language and Input > Language page so I could easily toggle the phone back to English?

Second question, and on a somewhat similar topic. One of my icons that is missing is for Microsoft SwiftKey. The app IS installed, as it is accessible as a choice when going directly into Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-screen keyboard. Is there a way I can generate an icon (or is that a shortcut?) for one of the app pages or home page, so I can get quick access to it, instead of having to drill deep in Settings?

Did try to find answers in the online help, but came up short. Maybe I'm searching under the wrong term?

Hornswoggled

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Thanks people! Both good suggestions. I've already done a Shortcut Creator, and I'm going to try the Bixby option next. Have to admit, I never would have thought of using Bixby, and this may be what finally makes me explore Bixby and it's possibilities. Thanks again!

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
In addition to the couple of solid suggestions, if you use Nova, you can create a custom action for that. And if you have a 3rd party icon pack, then you can even give it a matching icon so it doesn't stand out.