Multitouch Keyboard Gone AND I CANT FIX IT!!!

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So I have a rooted droid x with no custom rom and the black glass theme. I was trying to install the 2.3 Gingerbread keyboard down in the Fabulous section in ROM Manager:)(replaces MT keyboard), and when I installed it it was TINY, it took up about 1/6th of the screen, so i used rom manager again and installed the MT keyboard black skin that I unknowingly already had before the 2.3 keyboard, and as soon as my phone turned on I got a zabillion FC's so i used swype, and i dont like swype:mad:. I like the original MT keyboard. So ive spent the last 2 days re-downloading the droid x MT keyboard from a billion websites (all the same link, i followed the instructions) and when I go to install it I get the Error "Application Not Installed". I found a D2 MT keyboard and when I installed that it worked, being listed as the same app. And when I made it my input method I got FC's. I want ATLEAST the vanilla android keyboard (same errors as before) but i would love if I could have the DX MT keyboard. I am forced to use swiftkey in which everywhere i put a space i put a .com. so can someone please reupload one of them. :(

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Get the stock keyboard from here.
DroidX Multi-touch keyboard for Froyo - xda-developers

I believe the LatinIME.apk file that needs to be deleted is in system/app
This is very important to delete as already mentioned.

In the link I provided, you need to push the two files in the zip to the
correct destination. The OP of that thread says exactly where. Then just
install the APK file once you put it in the system/app folder. I didn't even
have to flash or use bootstrapper. I just installed it like I would any app.

And of course, you'd do all the moving with root explorer.

Edit: I know the .zip that was provided can be flashed. But when I was using that
I still kept getting the FC on the keyboard. So instead I got rid of everything and
just went step by step.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwt10

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I CANT DELETE LATINEIME!!!!! ITS A READ ONLY ARAGRAHRAFAFALKFJAKJFS no im just a little annoyed. :p

Maybe rename it. (.bak)

If you have a carbon copy backup of your current settings just go into bootstrap and in back up / restore you'll want to find advanced restore. select system only. when you reboot everything will be there, everything.

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Zururgrgrgauheauhd home button doesnt work i hate my phone. I need to win that nexus s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
and i have no screen lock. well im resorting to yesterdays backup for now! im not blaming anyone but me and motorola (mostly moto)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Flash a ROM. Find one that is as close to stock (because you seem to like stock) and call it a day. That would solve your problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall