Laptop.com Smartphone Survey - Palm Pre is beating Droid X

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I can’t speak directly for the Pre, I’ve never owned it…but from what I’ve seen of it, all bias aside I don’t see the Pre beating out any of the top end Android devices. Just my two cents, though.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
This is what the pre community does best, spamming polls...its too bad they don't have the sales numbers to back that crappy phone up.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had a Pre for a while and was pleased with the OS. The hardware keyboard was a bit cramped, but the phone did what I needed it to do.

Doesn't come close to the X though

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I came from a pre on VZW and it sucked. I had three of them cause it would always double type my letters or not at all. POS. Now the Sprint version of it is rather nice it came out and didnt have any real hardware issues like the VZW version did.

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a palm pre plus on verizon, and it was a slick little phone... HOWEVER, it doesn't hold a candle to any current android device. I did really love webOS though and wish moto and other manufacturers could take a lesson from hpalm and welcome the homebrew/dev community with open arms. Rod Whitby and his crew at webos internals are amazing. Enough with this locking of bootloader crap.

kds

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I came from a pre on VZW and it sucked. I had three of them cause it would always double type my letters or not at all. POS. Now the Sprint version of it is rather nice it came out and didnt have any real hardware issues like the VZW version did.

Same here... it's absolutely painful for me to write an e-mail that's longer than a dozen words because of the cramped keyboard and the double-letter or no-letter-at-all problem. It also felt off-balanced when the keyboard was slid out when typing. The battery life is also pretty terrible, even with light to moderate use.

These are only a few of the reasons I'm jumping ship from the Pre to Droid X.