Can't add K9 Mail to Myaccounts

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Having problems with trying to add K9 Mail to MyAccounts. When I hit add account, the next screen shows different options like Yahoo mail, the stock email, which I set up but don't know how to stop all the older mail to keep coming back. I looked through all the menus and couldn't figure out how to get less then the 25 messages at a time downloaded also.
So I read that K9 Mail is good on here, just don't know how to add it to My accounts. Plus all the emails are going to stock email with the Icon of the evelope with the @ symbol on it. Not getting anything going to K9 Mail. I have a gmail account but don't really use it as I just set it up for the Droid X when I got it.
I did uninstall K9 and turned off the phone and will reboot and reload it to see if anything changes. I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You set up K9 Mail in the app... not in My Accounts. Open the app, hit the menu button and there should be a big + icon that says "Add account".

The folder size (how many messages it will show at once) is in the "Fetching mail" settings in the Account settings.

Reactions: Andy847

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks gafly. I finally figured it out last night. Took me awhile to find the right settings menu. Like K9 mail much better then the stock email on the X.