Issues Including Gallery

BraileyGirl1#AC

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
My Droid X recently told me to update. I am now running 2.2.1. I noticed changes immediately. It began slowing down. Screens and apps get stuck. And my gallery will NOT open. It opens then closes right back. I've done a battery pull. I unmounted my SD card. There are no defaults for me to clear. I don't know what to do.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what back up of ROM means?

This has been a common problem with DX, i have yet to hear of anyone pinning down the cause but usually a restore will help. if you dont know what a backup of a rom is then you def dont have one.....i would suggest either syncing your contacts with google contacts or vzw backup asistant... if you want to reember all your apps you can download app brain on your computer and on your phone, open it on your phone and hit the sync option, then when you restore, redownload app brain and it will give you a list off all the apps and you simply just hit the reinstall button.

Happy Holiday

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Actually, skip the Factory Data Reset. Your problem is more likely a corrupted sd card filesystem. That's why your X is slow, freezes, and the Gallery app is giving you problems.

Move your sd card contents to your computer, then reformat your sd card in the device. Then move your files and folders back starting with the essential stuff first. Test, then move more back to the card until you have moved everything back, or you find a bad file. Most likely, the reformat will solve your problem, if the only thing wrong was with the card's filesystem.

M_i_k_e_B

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same trouble over Christmas and spent hours backing up my SD card to my laptop via USB (I was traveling and didn't have my microsd adapter), formatting the card, then copying the files back. This fixed my Gallery problem.

Until the next day when it happened again.

Somewhere I read to try out the app "Gallery 3D" from the Market. I think it's just the Gallery app lifted from the Nexus. If you can access your photos with Gallery 3D, it's likely just a corrupt photo doing you in rather than the whole card being corrupt. I installed the app and when I ran it, it showed a photo with a generic thumbnail that I couldn't open. I deleted that file and then all was right and the stock Gallery would open again.

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
I've never had the gallery bug, but slow performance after an os change can be fixed by clearing the cache partition. Boot into recovery and iirc it's the last option. Worked for me.

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Gallery Won't Open - Fix

Here is what worked for me...no reformat required:

Go to:
Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All tab
For each of the following, I clicked on Clear data and Clear cache: (Just clearing Gallery did not do it for me)
Gallery
Media Container Service
Media Storage
Then I restarted phone by holding down power button, clicking Power Off, then held it again to turn on and working great! It did take a few minutes for the Gallery to get all the thumbnails again the first time I started it, but it works!
I was afraid I deleted all files on SD but they are all still there. Just be patient, will take several minutes for Gallery to repopulate.

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
No, it's not the same thing. I performed a clear cache via the recovery mode twice and it didn't fix the gallery issue.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Trying to understand how there are so many different ways to fix the same problem, but not one of them works in every case.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here but I never used the Gallery anyways. I figured I give it a try but I've been using QuickPic to view my pictures. Much better and faster. I also like Video Play to play videos because I don't like the thumbnail view but I like the text view so that works great for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel