Phone is suddenly moving slow loading apps and websites

Brion1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Today I noticed all of a sudden that my droid x was moving slow pulling up different entries (especially the images on them) on my android central app over 3g with good signal strength. So I checked some other news apps and some websites and it seemed sluggish on those also. The problem only seems to exist with data over the internet and wifi is noticeably faster. I don't usually notice that much of a difference between the two. My phone itself seems same as usual. I did pull the battery and restart but it didn't seem to make a difference. I am not rooted and can't think of any apps I have downloaded today that would have messed anything up. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
that, an intermidantly 3g is very laggy from all carriers, could just be overloaded with a new phone being relased, an update that was sent out, an app eveyone wants.. who knows.

Brion1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. Greydarrah, I looked for something like that but even when I used your instructions I am not finding the option to clear the cache for all at once. I know I can clear cache for each app individually but that would take forever. Am I missing something or is there another way to do it?

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
probably referring to clearing cache in the browser

go to settings>apps>manage apps>browser> clear cache, force stop, reboot...

hezzdown

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
OR.. while your browser is open, click the menu hard key, select more, select settings and you will see an option to clear cache, I would also clear cookie data.

Brion1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I had already tried clearing cache and cookies on the browser but I did it again, along with clearing cache on a couple apps and it did seem to help a little. I looked around for an app to clear cache on all the apps I chose at once but it appears that would be a lot easier if I were rooted so for now I will clear one at a time if necessary. I do wonder if verizon was just a moving little slow for me yesterday also. Thanks again

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of apps for that... I use CacheMate and it works great. I have it set to clear caches every 3 hours. If you do root, it is definitely worth getting that app to clear them all for you!