How long before you rooted your phone?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have read and read and read............ all about how to root your phone, I just have not pulled the trigger yet. I have had my Droid X for about 6 months now and enjoying the hell out of it stock. Just curious to find out how long after getting your phone before you finally rooted?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I got my Sprint Hero in November 09' and rooted it January 1, 2010 and waited a few days to root my Evo. If you are happy with the phone stock then you'll probably find no need to root it.

Is there a RUU for the DX? If there is, then there should be no problem with returning to stock if you don't like what root access has to offer you :)

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit that I've thought about it... but choose not too. Too many complications for me. I read it every day on the forums.

kjloh

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
For me, I just thought I shall wait till the phone warranty expired before I try.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I rooted my original Droid the first week the process was out. I remember reading all the steps a few hundred times before starting and was really worried I would brick it. Once I started It took at least an hour but I didn't hurry and made sure I didn't miss any step. On my Dinc I rooted it the first day it was able to be rooted its not for everyone and if you decide to make sure you read up and understand each step.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Within the first week after i received the phone. it really doesn't do anything to your phone but give you administration rights to YOUR device.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
About six months later, after dl09 update slowed it way down with Verizon crapware.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I got my X on 7/23 and rooted it about a month later because I wanted to put the phone through its paces to make sure I didn't have a lemon and also because I was traveling on vacation and wanted the free wifi tether. It was probably another 6 weeks after that that I installed my 1st custom rom.

Does anyone know if you SBF back to stock, is there any way for someone to tell that your phone was once rooted?

Cyber Phunk

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
For me, it took about a week to feel comfortable enough with the process to root my phone, and about another week to try my first rom. Then again, I've always been an inveterate tinkerer when it comes to my electronic toys/gadgets. I've flashed/hacked almost every game console I've owned, and scratch built every computer I've ever owned. ;)

Does anyone know if you SBF back to stock, is there any way for someone to tell that your phone was once rooted?

I'm pretty sure that going the SBF route to get your phone back to stock removes any trace of any past roms/rooting, as it completely replaces the OS and, in doing so, removes any trace of what you did to it before.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I waited about two months from the launch day, about a week after the Froyo update. I didn't want to root prior to Froyo. I didn't install a custom ROM until about three months after that (only a few weeks ago).

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Rooted mine about 3 months after purchased...still not brave enough to try a rom yet.

I hear you. I got my X in late August & rooted mine with z4root when it was available in the Market (sometime around mid-November). I still haven't gotten into the whole ROM flashing thing yet, but probably will when the X stops being supported with updates by Motorola/Verizon (which will probably after Gingerbread.)

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Waited two days to root my new X. Took about a week to settle on a custom ROM, and now have Liberty on it. It is the best custom ROM I have ever installed. On my original Droid none of them had a good total solution so I just overclocked and got rid of Verizon Bloatware.

hezzdown

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Like you I read forums until I was blue in the face. I would say I had mine about two months before I rooted it so that I could remove bloatware and free wireless tether. I was happy with that for.. "a while" lol. Then the bug bit me. Started flashing ROMS and realized what these phones can really do. Take your time, learn your phone, and read. Have an issue? Just post it in the forums and there are a multitude of people willing to help you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non