Corporate Sync Question

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
After some difficulties, I was able to get my work email account setup on my X yesterday through the native Corporate Sync app. Can someone tell me how to put a link on my home screen that goes directly to the Corporate Sync email app rather than having the Motorola Messenger app? I have a shortcut for my personal POP email on the home screen, but I have to click on the Messenger app and then select Corporate Sync to get to my work email.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There should be an icon name "E-Mail" in your app drawer. That should be the shortcut to your corp email. Move that to the screen.

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
The email link only shows my POP-based personal email account. My work email is an Exchange-based account so it works through the Corporate Sync app, but I can't figure out how to put a shortcut to it on my home screen. I'm having to put the Messenger app icon on my desktop, click on that, and then I have to select the Corporate Sync account from inside that app. I want to be able to just click on an icon on my home screen and go straight to my work email like I do for my Gmail and personal email accounts.

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't want that to be my default email account. I just want an icon on my home screen for each email account like I had on my BB so that I can get direct access to my Corporate email without having to go through the Corporate Sync app first.

StorminDT

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue going thru 2 clicks to get to my mail.

Found a solution today. Used ADW Launcher. Then was able to create custom shortcuts. I tried both going directly to the Unified Inbox and an individual email box. (I have 3 email accts).

1 click access now.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Corp Mail Widget and Awesome Client

I was using K( mail and liked it for my POP and IMPA email (Gmail, Yahoo etc.) but it was unreliable polling my Exchange mail at work. I tried Touchdown Exchange for Android 2.x and it is AWESOME. Incredible features and can use ActiveSync for push mail on Exchange Server 2010.
Download Exchange for Android 2.x for your Android phone on AppBrain

They have various widgets you can add to screens including a preview of your corp in box, agenda, calendar etc. You might also try Executive Assistanct for that on the opening/lock screen too.

Free 30 Day Trial with almost all features on (can't edit signature) $19.99 US to buy key---like it so much I wish I could use it for POP and IMAP which you can not.

Docs are here at bottom right as PDFs...nice to have a beefy manual for all the features. Very impressed with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non