Weatherbug Radar Maps Issue

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I have Weatherbug Elite. Recently, in the radar view, there are no maps showing, just the red stick pen for current location. What happened to the maps in radar view? Anyone have a solution/fix for this?

bdub

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be working ok. Sometimes it take awhile for the actual radar layer to display but the map always comes right up.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I had to delete and re-install the WB map widget today; it froze up for some reason and wouldn't update or trigger the larger radar map. Once I re-installed the widget, I still had to off/on the X to get it working. Maybe something with WB itself today ??? Seems OK now.

ffmedic2112

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. The free version works just fine but the paid version will not show the map. I've reinstalled, rebooted...everything I can think of. No idea!!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. The free version works just fine but the paid version will not show the map. I've reinstalled, rebooted...everything I can think of. No idea!!

If this is the case, try this:

settings > applications > manage applications > downloads tab > touch app > Clear Data and Clear Cache

Might help.

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Have tried the reinstall, clear data, etc...no change...map still doesn't show on radar. The odd thing is it shows just fine on the free app version that is ad supported.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Very strange indeed. However, I have to say my WB app (paid) isn't always automatically updating on its schedule, especially after taking it off the charger. The moon icon sometimes will still be there at lunch, if I don't make it update the info manually. I wonder if some recent app update might have caused problems. I've had WB for a long time with no problems ... until recently.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I never had a problem with Weatherbug Elite either, until recently.. I am noticing that mine is not updating on schedule either. I am thinking maybe one of the last updates messed that up. Hope they fix it in the next update! My radar works fine though. If you go into the Settings icon at the top of the radar screen and scroll down to Animation Frames, what is yours set to? Maybe this is also a factor? Mine is set to 'High'.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been acting up since last week, too. In my case, the map actually was displaying beyond the whole earth, which looked similar to what Sailmaker described. I had to pinch and reduce it on the screen to get to a reasonable display, but all of the data was actually there.

I'm also having a problem with it insisting I'm in a different location - one that I had recently searched for in Google Maps, and it's not responsive to an edit of the location. I may have to reload the free version and use that until they do a fix on the elite.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is just a Weatherbug issue. I just discovered that Maps is also telling me I am in a different location. :(
Seems like an issue w/ GPS in general! Satellite problems maybe?? who knows...

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is just a Weatherbug issue. I just discovered that Maps is also telling me I am in a different location. :(
Seems like an issue w/ GPS in general! Satellite problems maybe?? who knows...

I have to agree with you. Maps has been showing me at the same false location, so Weatherbug must just be using that from Maps. I had to force set Weatherbug to a fixed, correct location to avoid the problem.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you have "enable updates" checked in WB's preferences?

BTW, I notice that today, everything seems to be working OK. I'm wondering if there was a glitch that's been fixed by the WB people??

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you have "enable updates" checked in WB's preferences?

BTW, I notice that today, everything seems to be working OK. I'm wondering if there was a glitch that's been fixed by the WB people??

Yes, I do have it enabled.

Google Maps is now reporting my actual location, and WB is, too, so maybe that problem is behind us. I think the fix for this one had to be in Google Maps, rather than WB.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I ever had with WB is the radar on the map is sometimes slow to load.
Sometimes it loads fine , Im using paid version

sent using TaPaTaLk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds