Got My GOOGLE MUSIC Beta invite ...

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm sorry, I am just not getting this whole "online" vs "offline" music discussion thing. What are you all talking about? When you have no data connection to your phone?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I'm sorry, I am just not getting this whole "online" vs "offline" music discussion thing. What are you all talking about? When you have no data connection to your phone?

yes, if you do not have a connection you will not be able to access your online stored google music. only the music you have stored on your sd card. although, you can save the music you have stored online onto your phone in the settings.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
They are incorrect for some of the songs. In PowerAmp you can correct them by long press and then change album covers. I do not see a way to do that on Google Music.

*****Have not had enough time to play with it, but I am sure there is a way.

you cant do it in the app, but you can do it on your music beta webpage

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I liked that feature in Amazon with "On Device"/"Cloud" being onscreen, rather than down in the menu bar for Google. It is a small thing, but then again, I don't like Amazon's gigantic logo that fills up too much of the screen.

So far ... Google > Amazon

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So how many of you guys had hundreds (800 for me) of songs that cannot get uploaded because they are in the Apple Lossless format or an iTunes .m4p format?

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I got my invite several days ago, but I just set everything up last night. So far, so good. I was surprised that a lot of music that iTunes was acting funny about taking uploaded to my Google Music storage with no problem.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
This Thread reminded me to turn on my pc and get music uploading again, thanks.

Does anyone know how to delete or exclude music? I have a ton (600+, over 3gb) of christmas music I don't want uploaded because why bother?

So how many of you guys had hundreds (800 for me) of songs that cannot get uploaded because they are in the Apple Lossless format or an iTunes .m4p format?
If you change your iTunes import settings to mp3, you can right click on any song and "create mp3 version". I hate drm, so I do this with any itunes purchases.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This Thread reminded me to turn on my pc and get music uploading again, thanks.

If you change your iTunes import settings to mp3, you can right click on any song and "create mp3 version". I hate drm, so I do this with any itunes purchases.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah, already changed that. All 800 songs are from 2007/8ish and back.... I love how Apple tries (well, tried at least) to enslave people to it's products.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh, can you not do that with older songs? I thought it was all of them. Bummer!

Sure can't ... I have to either 1) pay $0.30 a song to upgrade to iTunes Plus 2) burn the old songs to a CD and then rip them back or 3) Pay $20+ for a program (there are quite a few) that'll burn them to a virtual CD and then rip them from the virtual CD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984