Pixel 7 Pro Beta vs General Update

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So I have the Pixel 7 Pro and as soon as I got it a few weeks ago I transferred info from S22 plus and enrolled in the beta program from day 1. However I felt like the phone was not giving me great standby time or even battery life.

So I unenrolled from beta program. Which meant I had to wipe my phone clean and reset everything up again. So I completed that yesterday and even with that done I can see the standby time is better than the beta. I cannot confirm if screen on time will be different but phone seems warmer and smoother.
I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience with switching between beta and general OS.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My standby on beta is excellent. I can pull it off the charger before I go to bed and 8 hrs later it only drops 2%

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So I don't know if it was the beta or the fact that I transferred data from a S22 plus. But today is my 1st day after the reset. I'm currently working and I started at about 9am. Only been on WiFi today. I hope to see improvement as the days progress.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
So I have the Pixel 7 Pro and as soon as I got it a few weeks ago I transferred info from S22 plus and enrolled in the beta program from day 1. However I felt like the phone was not giving me great standby time or even battery life.

So I unenrolled from beta program. Which meant I had to wipe my phone clean and reset everything up again. So I completed that yesterday and even with that done I can see the standby time is better than the beta. I cannot confirm if screen on time will be different but phone seems warmer and smoother.
I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience with switching between beta and general OS.
This BETA is rubbish. See: https://forums.androidcentral.com/threads/android-14-beta-1.1056874/post-7148767

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001