stuck on moto boot up

baberz#AC

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
So I updated to GB and not it is stuck on the new red moto boot icon.

I am no rooted...I don't know what to do!

HELP PLEASEE!!

rjcruz

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me w/ same result - VZW sending me a replacement. I'm still looking around the forums to see if there is a way to fix my bricked DX. Any assistance would be appreciated.

baberz#AC

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking around here as well for an answer.
Seems like we are the only two this has happened too.

I am happy they are send me a replacement overnight, should be at my job sometime tomorrow.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hold your horses Gents.

No need to try and SBF yet.

Have you tired wiping your data/cache? Yeah it will basically reformat your settings, but at least hte phone should work.

Do as was suggested and boot into stock recovery.

1. Pull out battery to turn off phone. (replace battery)
2. Hold both volume keys and power button until phone boots into recovery
3. Use volume keys to scroll to wipe data / cache
4. Use camera button to select wipe data / cache
5. Scroll to Reboot Phone
6. Let it reboot (up to 5 minutes or so) and you should be good to go.

You will have to reactivate your phone and all your data will be gone. Your phone should automatically start restoring all your contacts, apps (market will get most of them, but not all) and you will have to set everything up again.

Hope it works out for you.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hold your horses Gents.

No need to try and SBF yet.

Have you tired wiping your data/cache? Yeah it will basically reformat your settings, but at least hte phone should work.

Do as was suggested and boot into stock recovery.

1. Pull out battery to turn off phone. (replace battery)
2. Hold both volume keys and power button until phone boots into recovery
3. Use volume keys to scroll to wipe data / cache
4. Use camera button to select wipe data / cache
5. Scroll to Reboot Phone
6. Let it reboot (up to 5 minutes or so) and you should be good to go.

You will have to reactivate your phone and all your data will be gone. Your phone should automatically start restoring all your contacts, apps (market will get most of them, but not all) and you will have to set everything up again.

Hope it works out for you.

Didn't gingerbread recovery change step # 4 to use the power button for selections instead of the camera button like it was in froyo?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you was impatient because the phone sits on the M screen almost 20 minutes with some devices while it rebuild the cache file, this isn't new because it did the same thing with 2.2.1 update.

If you stop pulling battery and just let the device update it will give a small vibrate when done and it will start fine..

baberz#AC

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
No I wasn't being impatient, but I let it sit there for nearly an hour...and nothing.
&no that is not normal because I've seen other people do the update and it boots just like it normally would, no sitting on the M screen for 20 minutes.