What Folder to Put Wallpaper In?

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've got a number of Wallpapers I've downloaded from system dumps of other phones that I'd like to add to mine.

I don't want to add them to my gallery and get them all mixed in with my regular photos. Anyone know where the base wallpaper folder that the default wallpapers are located?

icedhot

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
i just make a new folder name WALLPAPERS & drop them in there. use wallpaper rotator & set it to change every hour. awesome......

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I think they are stored in the phone memory so you can not access them without being rooted. I have a folder called "Pictures" on the memory card and a sub folder called "Wallpaper". It works well.

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I think they are stored in the phone memory so you can not access them without being rooted. I have a folder called "Pictures" on the memory card and a sub folder called "Wallpaper". It works well.

I have tried this, but it just mixes them in with all my other photos in the Gallery, which is what I am trying to avoid.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have tried this, but it just mixes them in with all my other photos in the Gallery, which is what I am trying to avoid.
Interesting. When I open my Gallery, I get the following groups ... Camera Roll | Folders | All Photos | All Videos. When I open the Folders Group. I see ... Camera | Docks (my Launcher Pro docks in a folder) | Icons (my Launcher Pro icons in a folder) | Stuff (a misc. folder I created) | Videos | Wallpaper. When I open the wallpaper folder all I see in it are my wallpaper files I have saved to the SD card in it.