Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    enb123's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

    Default Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    Hi, all. I just placed an order for an X2 and then started reading all the posts regarding music stuttering, skipping, etc. (I probably should have done those things in the opposite order, but too late now!)

    It's hard to tell on a forum how many folks DON'T have an issue, because no one tends to post when something is working fine.

    So I thought I'd ask the question - are there a lot of people who are listening to music (either streaming via Pandora or on their SD cards) without issues?

    Listening to music on my phone is really important to me, and as much as I like the X2, I'll have to go with something else if it can't do that well.

    Thanks!

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    luke31's Avatar

    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enb123 View Post
    Hi, all. I just placed an order for an X2 and then started reading all the posts regarding music stuttering, skipping, etc. (I probably should have done those things in the opposite order, but too late now!)

    It's hard to tell on a forum how many folks DON'T have an issue, because no one tends to post when something is working fine.

    So I thought I'd ask the question - are there a lot of people who are listening to music (either streaming via Pandora or on their SD cards) without issues?

    Listening to music on my phone is really important to me, and as much as I like the X2, I'll have to go with something else if it can't do that well.

    Thanks!

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I have the music problems as well. This isn't the phone's fault tho. The software engineers at moto just really botched the memory allocation. The gingerbread update is coming soon, and this problem will DEFINITELY be fixed in that update, as the music problems on the dx2 are widely documented.
  3. #3  
    mikey95gt's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    I don't have any issues either streaming or playing back from SD card. I stream a TuneIn Radio app, Scanner Radio, web videos either on 3G and Wi-Fi with no problems. I play SD cards music in a car dock, thru phone speaker and with headphones with no issues. I would not say that I am a heavy user of either, but have had no issues when I feel the need for any of the above.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    music from SD card is perfect, not a hiccup. But the only streaming I have done is Pandora and my DX2 and Pandora do not get along at alllll, it sucks
  5. #5  
    luke31's Avatar

    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

    Default Re: Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    I haven't tried sd card. Just using Pandora, and it's pretty bad. Gingerbread needs to come now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    enb123's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    Hmmm... not the overall picture I was hoping for!

    I'm sure GB will fix it - it sure sounds like a software issue. And everything else about the DX2 really gets me excited. There's a new version of Pandora on the Market as of this morning, so I wonder if that'll make a difference?

    I guess I'll give it a try and see what happens. I listen to music at least 3 hrs. a day, so I'm sure if there are major issues, they'll reveal themselves.

    Thanks for the input!
  7. #7  
    heggood's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    I use tune-in radio, sky FM radio, grooveshark and the built in FM tuner with no problems.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    I have the music problems as well. This isn't the phone's fault tho. The software engineers at moto just really botched the memory allocation. The gingerbread update is coming soon, and this problem will DEFINITELY be fixed in that update, as the music problems on the dx2 are widely documented.
    anyone have any idea WHEN the update will be coming out?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    No issues here.
  10. #10  
    pwscott's Avatar

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    Bad skipping issues here on music in PowerAmp or Music even the new app from LaunchPro author...have tried them all, skips in all. Same Micro SD card I used in 3 Droid X units, formatted in DX2, same music...skips on DX2, did not on DX before or after GB.
    --------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB Black on Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 4G/LTE on Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Gear - Jet Black
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    enb123's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwscott View Post
    Bad skipping issues here on music in PowerAmp or Music even the new app from LaunchPro author...have tried them all, skips in all. Same Micro SD card I used in 3 Droid X units, formatted in DX2, same music...skips on DX2, did not on DX before or after GB.
    H ave you gotten the GB update yet? That may help considerably. I ended up going with the D3 and it skips a bit, apparently when the phone's resources are really being taxed (like running Nav, Car Dock, music player at once and then trying to do something else as well). Nothing to really complain about under normal use, though. I hope GB clears it up for you!

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    Franzferdinan51's Avatar

    Posts
    150 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2+ v1.3

    Default

    Mine works fine rooted stock

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
  13. #13  
    olivr2's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

    I got GB and it still drops from time to time, not a bad as it used too

Posting Permissions

B