Anyone NOT experiencing music playback problems?

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, all. I just placed an order for an X2 and then started reading all the posts regarding music stuttering, skipping, etc. (I probably should have done those things in the opposite order, but too late now!)

It's hard to tell on a forum how many folks DON'T have an issue, because no one tends to post when something is working fine.

So I thought I'd ask the question - are there a lot of people who are listening to music (either streaming via Pandora or on their SD cards) without issues?

Listening to music on my phone is really important to me, and as much as I like the X2, I'll have to go with something else if it can't do that well.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi, all. I just placed an order for an X2 and then started reading all the posts regarding music stuttering, skipping, etc. (I probably should have done those things in the opposite order, but too late now!)

It's hard to tell on a forum how many folks DON'T have an issue, because no one tends to post when something is working fine.

So I thought I'd ask the question - are there a lot of people who are listening to music (either streaming via Pandora or on their SD cards) without issues?

Listening to music on my phone is really important to me, and as much as I like the X2, I'll have to go with something else if it can't do that well.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have the music problems as well. This isn't the phone's fault tho. The software engineers at moto just really botched the memory allocation. The gingerbread update is coming soon, and this problem will DEFINITELY be fixed in that update, as the music problems on the dx2 are widely documented.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any issues either streaming or playing back from SD card. I stream a TuneIn Radio app, Scanner Radio, web videos either on 3G and Wi-Fi with no problems. I play SD cards music in a car dock, thru phone speaker and with headphones with no issues. I would not say that I am a heavy user of either, but have had no issues when I feel the need for any of the above.

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
music from SD card is perfect, not a hiccup. But the only streaming I have done is Pandora and my DX2 and Pandora do not get along at alllll, it sucks

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... not the overall picture I was hoping for! :eek:

I'm sure GB will fix it - it sure sounds like a software issue. And everything else about the DX2 really gets me excited. There's a new version of Pandora on the Market as of this morning, so I wonder if that'll make a difference?

I guess I'll give it a try and see what happens. I listen to music at least 3 hrs. a day, so I'm sure if there are major issues, they'll reveal themselves.

Thanks for the input!

jrmco1

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the music problems as well. This isn't the phone's fault tho. The software engineers at moto just really botched the memory allocation. The gingerbread update is coming soon, and this problem will DEFINITELY be fixed in that update, as the music problems on the dx2 are widely documented.
anyone have any idea WHEN the update will be coming out?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Bad skipping issues here on music in PowerAmp or Music even the new app from LaunchPro author...have tried them all, skips in all. Same Micro SD card I used in 3 Droid X units, formatted in DX2, same music...skips on DX2, did not on DX before or after GB.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Bad skipping issues here on music in PowerAmp or Music even the new app from LaunchPro author...have tried them all, skips in all. Same Micro SD card I used in 3 Droid X units, formatted in DX2, same music...skips on DX2, did not on DX before or after GB.

H ave you gotten the GB update yet? That may help considerably. I ended up going with the D3 and it skips a bit, apparently when the phone's resources are really being taxed (like running Nav, Car Dock, music player at once and then trying to do something else as well). Nothing to really complain about under normal use, though. I hope GB clears it up for you!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez