*720p Video Capture*

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So i'm assuming it's not just me, but am i the only one that has a major problem with taking 720p HD video with my phone? it's ok for like 5secs and then just goes to crap - laggy, freezing, pixelated, audio gets messed up, etc. I've stopped taking videos in HD and gone down a step but it pisses me off that i can't take a 720p video on a phone that is supposed to be able to.

bmacster

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So i'm assuming it's not just me, but am i the only one that has a major problem with taking 720p HD video with my phone? it's ok for like 5secs and then just goes to crap - laggy, freezing, pixelated, audio gets messed up, etc. I've stopped taking videos in HD and gone down a step but it pisses me off that i can't take a 720p video on a phone that is supposed to be able to.
I am glad I wasn't the only one that is having this issue. Picture AND video seems horribly slow and laggy. The video is pissing me off greatly since I used that a lot. All of the videos I took of the Blue Angels today were total crap and unusable.

John Araki

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I changed my card to a class 10 card (the stock card was a class 2). I don't get freezing or artifacts as much, though the frame rate does appear to stagger still.

Zach677

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I dont have any problems with mine. i figured out that when i shoot a video or pictue and look at it later it looks good later then right after i have finished it...

schaferan

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw that this was an issue in many of the reviews that I read but I haven't experienced any issues. I'm actually quite happy with the HD video and have been "showing off" the quality to my coworker. Although, I haven't ever used the SD card that came with the phone. I bought a Patriot 32gb class 10 for my OG Droid and just swapped it out when I got the X2. Sounds to my like the SD cards are more of an issue than the phone. Also I was a part of the soak test for Gingerbread and received the update before I really started taking a lot of the video so the problems in 2.2.2 may have been fixed by the update.

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I gotta update this and say that the GB update fixed it almost 100%..only every once in a while it gets weird for a sec.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you still have the problem if you use the internal storage instead of the SD card?

Mine did this from the get go. I switched camera/video storage over to internal (which has over 4gb free) and it solved the problem. After taking videos I just move them to the SD card and have no problem watching them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk