Petition to get Motorola to unlock the Droid X2 bootloader

ktklein

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Please sign, repost, tweet, etc...

Petition: Motorola Mobility Inc: Unlock all smartphone bootloaders. | Change.org

Why This Is Important

Motorola is blocking consumers and developers of a feature the device is capable of doing, running custom kernels. Consumers and developers who bought Motorola smartphones are being cheated out of their freedom to modify their personal property. Motorola has unlocked some smartphone's bootloaders, but many are still locked. Through allowing people the opportunity to unlock their bootloaders, Motorola will encourage developers to use Motorola phones to develop on rather than other devices. It is time that Motorola unlocks all of their smartphone's bootloaders and gives people the right to modify their own personal property, a right that is inherent on millions of other smartphones produced by other companies.

ktklein

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Up to 367 signatures - not bad for 24hrs with minimal exposure . I reached out to editors at CNET and CRN. Not sure if either one will publish anything though... Oh I also asked change.org to bring some publicity to the petition on twitter and fb. I think Moto's twitter account was getting hammered too. Next is their fb and google+ pages!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

UPDATE: Now at 400 signatures.

UPDATE 2: I just heard back from my contact at CRN and he is forwarding it to the person who covers mobile tech. Maybe this has a shot at being published. Cross your fingers and toes people...

ktklein

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully the X2 will be added to the Moto site that launched yesterday for unlocking bootloaders.

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2.2.6