Release Date?

thechemist

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So now that the Bionic has been delayed it looks like the X2 may be the first dual core on Verizon (correct me if I am wrong)and since I really cant use LTE in my area for at least the foreseeable future(closest place to even have mention of getting LTE is 2 hrs away) I am currently debating purchasing a used Droid 1 or just keep waiting with my Storm 1 which needs at least 2 restarts a day and just barely makes it to 4pm. So finally Does anyone know of a projected or rumored release date for the Daytona/X2???

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Should be with in the next 6 months is my guess. I had a Storm also. And ohhh man, you will love android. No more batery pulls, no more waiting 5 min to power on. I have the DX and will be waiting for the X2.

Reactions: quikric

badgers0048

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Latest rumor I saw was mid-May, but who the heck really knows. I hope it's soon though because I'm dying for a new phone. Might just go with an X if it gets to be too long.

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree this phone's news and leaks have been SUPER slow lately (other than the press photos today on phandroid) because it seems to have been swallowed up in the hype for the EtnaTargaBionic. The Droid X2 is what I want, and it stinks that there's no thriving thread for it anywhere :(

Mid-may would be AWESOME, my two year upgrade is due may 17th.

Until then, I'll be getting along fine with my Droid 2. A lot of you folks have been waiting with the Droid 1, and I feel for you :) I only have the Droid 2 because I broke my Droid 1, the insurance replacement was a lemon, and I got a Droid 2 because they weren't giving out the original anymore. lucky me ;)

I just want a 3G dual-core!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Typically there are insiders who do have info, but I wonder after the ThunderBolt debacle does any of them really want to toss dates out? Maybe BlackManX knows.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
IMHO the X2 won't get released until mid-July which would make it a year from the release of the original X. Though it could be sooner because right now Verizon has not released any dual core phones and the Droid Bionic will not get released anytime soon.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Given the delay on the Bionic, and the Moto lineup getting old they need something in there so I suspect its going to be sooner and not later. I had read (rumor/speculation) it was mid may.

I did send black_max_x a msg on twitter to see if he has any info since he is a VZW tester.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Given the delay on the Bionic, and the Moto lineup getting old they need something in there so I suspect its going to be sooner and not later. I had read (rumor/speculation) it was mid may.

I did send black_max_x a msg on twitter to see if he has any info since he is a VZW tester.

He's not a tester, he's a network engineer.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
IMHO the X2 won't get released until mid-July which would make it a year from the release of the original X. Though it could be sooner because right now Verizon has not released any dual core phones and the Droid Bionic will not get released anytime soon.

Nope. Its coming sooner than that. I would wager two weeks after the Charge.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
He's not a tester, he's a network engineer.

You are correct, I did forget to clarify that he is a VZW Network Engineer on the Voice/Data side (ie not a IT Network Engineer) not that I was diminishing his role or status. His info is invaluable to those of us waiting for a specific device. I appreciate it.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been discussed but are the official specs released yet? I keep seeing it posted with the Tegra 2 Dual-core 1.2GHz Processor and 768MB RAM. Several people have speculated 1Gig of Ram. Any confirmation on that?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been wondering the same thing, and what comes to mind is 1Gig of RAM may be in there and the OS may take up part just to run leaving you with 768MB otherwise they are putting in 512MB and 256MB which is not a likely pairing.

Tegra 2 Dual Core is also what I have read, but I have seen 1Ghz and 1.2Ghz CPU so that is open. It would be nice to see review units hit early next week.

When I did visit my local store to chat with the Manager I know he showed me the Charge and we discussed the DX2 he had seen earlier this week. He could only say it was WICKED FAST.

Internal storage - check
Dual Core Tegra 2 - check
768MB-1GB RAM - check
qHD Display - check
3G radio (bummer) - check
Fits all your DX accessories - check

Its a sweet phone, and that is what I need a solid phone that I can get my email, calls, web and games on. Check.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The CPO Driod X on the verizon site are on a 3 day web sale for $49, so I would think that is a good sign also for a release soon.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Lets hope so, still no Droid Charge on sale. A good point was made about the DC, it is the Fascinate with LTE and a screen upgrade, but the DX2 is a screen, memory, processor upgrade which is more than worth it. So hopefully Verizon will actually launch it on the 12th.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Droid-Life just posted this up Verizon Spring/Summer Guide Doesn?t Mention DROIDX2 or Bionic - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog and the DX2 is NOT listed in the Spring/Summer Verizon guide. Could it be a misprint, something they will slide in since its not a new shell but all new guts? More Verizon FAIL in the marketing dept.

I wonder how old some of these Guides are when they're printed up? No DX2 mentioned but the SE Xperia Play is shown as "coming soon" even though there's been nothing reported about it's release with Verizon and all sorts of official delays of the GSM Xperia Play.