Release Date?

bhcohen7

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I took a look at a couple of Verizon's past releases, the Droid Inc 2 and Thunderbolt, and see that Verizon has issued a press release announcing the device 2 days prior, or the Tuesday prior to the Thursday release in each case. It did the same for the Droid 2 as well back in 2010.

Good detective work there, Sethman. I am losing patience with Verizon. One setback after another.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to say the new display will be worth it on the DX2, the memory probably won't be an issue since the original had 512MB RAM, so what we need is something to go on.

JakesPrePlus

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow, that is a lot of phones, do you still have them all? I sold my TB a couple of weeks ago and was looking for something new w/ better battery life with equal RAM and dual core. Wondering if I should have kept my TB. Fortunately they are going for around $450 new on eBay.

All but the Fascinate, yes. I forgot to mention the Galaxy Tab that I bought on launch day at full retail too though, so yes, I have quite a few. I've got several dumb phones as well, but those don't even count anymore. I've had over 200 phones total. So needless to say, I have a very serious problem.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
All but the Fascinate, yes. I forgot to mention the Galaxy Tab that I bought on launch day at full retail too though, so yes, I have quite a few. I've got several dumb phones as well, but those don't even count anymore. I've had over 200 phones total. So needless to say, I have a very serious problem.

Or have serious bank.

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Getting a bit nervous now... no press release, no chatter, no leaks, nothing. So the options are:
Still getting released tomorrow, same-day press release. Or, Delay. I can't believe there's not any leakers throwing some bones our way. Is this phone really that meaningless to them?

sethman2010

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Android Central just posted what might be shots of a dummy X2 for Costco just now.

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-x2-dummy-units-have-arrived-costco

I wonder when retailers typically receive the dummy display phones prior to a release? I noticed another post elsewhere that showed a shot of a dummy HTC Trophy at Best Buy, which was rumored to share the same May 12 release date as the X2.

If not tomorrow, it's GOT to be within the next few weeks.

thechemist

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
here's android central's newest comment on the release date.
DROIDX2 Dummy Units Arrive at Costco, Release Now Up in the Air - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
They seem as lost and confused as we are. I am so sick of waiting for Verizon to get their act together and catch up to the other carriers and release a dual core phone. I have always been a fan of Verizon's network but one thing that hasn't changed in the 10 years I have been a customer is the complete failure to beat other providers in phone selection.

pezboy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
This is becoming the standard for Verizon. Delayed releases with no information about why or for how long... It makes it really hard to choose a phone when you don't know how long the delay is for. I could hold out on a Droid X2 to see reviews on the Bionic, but that could be next fall. Who knows. For that matter, the X2 could be next fall too!

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
here's android central's newest comment on the release date.
DROIDX2 Dummy Units Arrive at Costco, Release Now Up in the Air - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
They seem as lost and confused as we are. I am so sick of waiting for Verizon to get their act together and catch up to the other carriers and release a dual core phone. I have always been a fan of Verizon's network but one thing that hasn't changed in the 10 years I have been a customer is the complete failure to beat other providers in phone selection.

I have a feeling Verizon is waiting for something. The Atrix and Optimus G2x has been available for a while now, in Europe, the Galaxy SII, Sprint has the HTC Evo 3D coming soon.

Idk... Verizon has awesome coverage, but I really don't want the phones they offer right now. I've used an Atrix. I know what we are missing.

wsigep

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
maybe someone forgot to release it because they are all out at Google I/O :p

It would be nice for some information on the release timeline, but we all know that if they release tentative dates (and they need to miss it for a reason) then people are going to be REALLY upset. So I can understand why they aren't releasing anything to the public.

All I can do is sit and wait, but I don't know how much longer I can take my original droid, can't put any more apps on it as it's low on memory (yes even with moving some to the SD) and it just seems so slow as I'm spoiled with my Xoom. Not happy with their other current offerings of phones myself.

sethman2010

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what exactly "direct fulfillment on May 19th" would mean?

Does that mean it'll be available for online orders to be shipped out direct to customers? Possibly receiving on the 20th with VZ's free next day shipping?

Or do we all have to wait until the 26th?

DroidPanda

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm just happy there's an actual release date now. May 26th baby! I can't upgrade until June 16th but I will be gobbling up every bit of info about this phone until then. How about you guys?

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much..be interesting to see bat. Life with dual core...and how this is over all...I have narrowed it down to this the bionic or the bolt...I am just waiting to see these two moto phones before buying one or the other..can't wait to ditch the storm 1...

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So what is the major selling point of this "new DX"? Dual core at 1ghz? My X1 is single core at 1ghz. Well 1305 since Ive overclocked but still. What is driving people crazy about this? I guess many are not X1 owners.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My brother has the Atrix and he says with somewhat moderate use he can get around 2 days on it. I thought that was very good. Now I know that GSM does not use as much battery as CDMA but that would be great to get through a whole day with plenty of juice to spare. I am really considering this phone as I love my OG Droid X.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
So what is the major selling point of this "new DX"? Dual core at 1ghz? My X1 is single core at 1ghz. Well 1305 since Ive overclocked but still. What is driving people crazy about this? I guess many are not X1 owners.

The reason why is largely due to games. The Tegra 2 is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G at it. I have a friend with an Atrix and he showed me the HDMI mirroring playing dungeon defenders. The ULV GeForce gpu is a force to be reckoned with, if it really is based off of the Fermi architecture. The TI-OMAP in the DX and D2G is pretty wicked impressive, but the SGX 530 gpu is no where near the Adreno 205, SGX 540, or the ULV GeForce. I think the only gpu out preforming it is the Adreno 220.

If what I know about nVidia chips remains true, you are going to see the Tegra 2 be able to last quite a long time.

And this phone is perfect for people not in LTE area's or who don't need a FFC. I still want to know the point of the FFC in the first place though.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The main point of a FFC is mainly video chat. Priceless for a traveling parent to see their kids. Plus for someone who likes to post a lot of photos of themselves on facebook. ;)

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what exactly "direct fulfillment on May 19th" would mean?

Does that mean it'll be available for online orders to be shipped out direct to customers? Possibly receiving on the 20th with VZ's free next day shipping?

Or do we all have to wait until the 26th?

That means that on the 19th you can purchase the phone online from VZW, but it won't be available in the store untill the 26-29.

That's what my friend just told me at the VZW store.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That means that on the 19th you can purchase the phone online from VZW, but it won't be available in the store untill the 26-29.

That's what my friend just told me at the VZW store.

If I remember right, that's what happened with the Droid 2 Global and some other phone i can't remember. Also, usually pre-orders arrive before the launch date anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbloom