Seeing wifi networked computers

mikro402

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app I can use to see the pc's on my home network from the x2? I have a network of both wireless and wired lan.
Is this possible only with dlna devices and that's why I cant gt it to work?
I can connect to the network but am unable to see any of the computers on the network.
I have the ES File Explorer app but that doesn't do what I expected.

Thanks,

Mikro

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app I can use to see the pc's on my home network from the x2? I have a network of both wireless and wired lan.
Is this possible only with dlna devices and that's why I cant gt it to work?
I can connect to the network but am unable to see any of the computers on the network.
I have the ES File Explorer app but that doesn't do what I expected.

Thanks,

Mikro

No app needed. I have the X, but yours should be very similar.
Apps>Files>Shared Folders>Add Server ( I have added mine so I bypass this and click on my PC).

I can access all my files on my PC over wifi.

mikro402

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
When I look at shared folders I see:

Add Server

Netgear Router

.10 is the only one that does anything. It says login failure, no matter how many user/password entries I make I cant log on..

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You need to know your computers IP address, then add it. You will need your username (the same one you use to log into your PC) and password (the same one you use to log into your PC).

To find your IP address on your CP:
Start>Run>type "cmd" (without " ")>hit ok>type "ipconfig" (without " ") hit enter. Your IP address will be shown.

Let me know if that helps.

mact

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
In the instructions app>etc...you didn't say where you started from <g>

Pogoplug software on pc or Mac (free) and the android app will let you connect to any resource shared from the pc from android device. Or over the internet from anywhere.Need paid software ($30) to stream audio or video. Computer has to be on. Device (Amazon, $60) lets you plug in USB drive and share that anywhere, incl streaming.

The damn thing works! I was amazed. And delighted.

No setting up ftp thru a router hassles!

Google pogoplug. Take a look.

I have no fingers in this pie. Just a suggestion

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk