I can honestly say that I will always have a Android powered phone.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Given that I use Google for everything (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Picasa, Latitude, etc.) I can completely agree. The fact that the hardware is catching up to the rest of the Smartphones out there and surpassing most, makes it simple to stick with Android as the platform of preference.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i agree i just hope there will always be good up to date options for plain android minus the sense and motoblur without rooting. especially on vzw i know we have the droid right now but just hope there will always be a plain option.

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yea I know what you mean most people don't want Sense UI, but that doesn't mean I dont want to try it out. Sense UI does look cool, but I can see how I would want just regular android.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yea I know what you mean most people don't want Sense UI, but that doesn't mean I dont want to try it out. Sense UI does look cool, but I can see how I would want just regular android.

yea i recently got the incredible and gave my fiance my droid but i might be returning the incredible for the droid because i really prefer regular android.

i noticed the native sms app is faster on the droid the incredible sometimes gets a bit jittery (with under 100 messages on both)

But i do agree with you i love the android operating system after coming from an iphone its amazing so we shall see what the future holds for the standard android on vzw.

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
yea i recently got the incredible and gave my fiance my droid but i might be returning the incredible for the droid because i really prefer regular android.

i noticed the native sms app is faster on the droid the incredible sometimes gets a bit jittery (with under 100 messages on both)

But i do agree with you i love the android operating system after coming from an iphone its amazing so we shall see what the future holds for the standard android on vzw.

We'll be ok ;) better than ok! lol

midwestfx

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I love my Moto Droid. I've used both Sense and Vanilla, they both have their pros and cons, but the nice thing is, with Android you've always got options!

P.S. Zombiepug congrats on the Incredible.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I doubt verizon is going to be pushing a vanilla android anytime soon. The only real phones that will likely carry the vanilla interface are going to be the nexus line. Motorola will put blur on all their upcoming devices probably because it is so similar to vanilla in the first place (so to push the use of motoblur shadow will most definitely be motoblur). not to mention the new 2.1 version of blur looks even more like vanilla just with more hidden features. As for the other big manufacturers HTC and Samsung have their Sense and touchWiz interfaces that will never part from their devices. Now i have never used a skinned Android device. but are you able to just download a 3rd party launcher from the market for phones skinned with sense, touchwiz, and motoblur. and they'll appear identical to a vanilla android device? or do these skins prevent the use of such launcher replacement apps?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non