Android OS draining battery??

lmac00

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Ive noticed my battery life depleting (more then usual) lately, and i had a look at the battery life on my phone, and it says the Android OS is using up 52% of my battery life. I checked out a buddys phone and his was only using 4% ... I hardly have any apps installed, and dont play alot of games on it.... any ideas as to what might be causing it???

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Use a lot of widgets? Proggies that stay active in the status bar? Keep a lot of services running?

'Android OS' and 'Android System' are catchalls for application use, so something you've got is running... a lot.

lmac00

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
nope nothing. I hardly use the phone during the day except for texting... i dont have any widgets running, hardly any services... It says Android OS ...... im not sure what it is..... battery is in the red after half a day....

gujupmp88

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
well, that could be the reason why. someone who doesnt use the phone a lot, some of the smaller percentage things on one persons device will be higher on yours cause there is nothing else running. even though it might be using the same amount of battery, you don't use anything else, so the percentage could be higher.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would go to settings, applications, running services, and list the things that are running there. This *may* give us an idea if what is using your battery life.

lmac00

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
the running services are google
gtalkservice
android keyboard
thumbnailservice
usbservice
theweatherchannel

nothing abnormal i dont think???

lmac00

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
now today the Android OS isnt even showing on the battery life? I really didnt do anything different.... Im not sure what the cause was

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would check your settings on thewetherchannel widget. You may have your location set via GPS. (This uses lots of power). If you stay in one location for long amounts of time, I would see if you can choose your location by city name or zip-code.

You may have the same application polling at small increments like every minute. I would recommend every hour.

That is the only suspiceous item in your list that I can see.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress