New Toy in Need of Love!

upworlder

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I recently acquired a near-pristine OG Droid from a friend of mine who "upgraded" to an iPhone. Since I already have a primary phone of my own, this one will be used as a wifi-only toy/test ground for me to learn more about the nitty gritty of the Android ecosystem. What do you think I should do with this awesome little thing? :D I have already tried backing up and flashing a couple of ROMs, namely CM7.1 and BB GPA19 and I have found that while CM runs quite well, Bugless Beast just seems a little, well... buggy. Any ideas as to why? Does anyone out there have a favorite ROM that I should try out? How about a speedy yet stable kernel?

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think CM and Project Elite are prolly the most stable ROMs. There are others that are good too just play around and experiment. I've always used ChevyNo1 kernels although I could never use anything over 1Ghz LV.

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have flashed almost every rom made for the OG and I always come back to either CM or BB. I currently have BB with no issues. CM gets very laggy for me. I never could get Project Elite to work right (my fault I am sure). If you want to try something different look at MIUI.
I am with scarry about the kernels. At one point I thought my phone would melt.